Parmigiano Reggiano Chicken Parmesan with Mozzarella
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time15 mins
1 ball of Mozzarella
100g Parmigiano Reggiano
4 Chicken breasts
300ml Tomato purée
1 Lemon zest, grated
1 clove of garlic
Dried chili, to taste
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt & Black Pepper
- Slice the mozzarella and dress it with oil, salt, pepper, oregano and a pinch of dried chili. Put aside.
- In a dish, mix breadcrumbs, grated Parmigiano Reggiano and lemon zest. Shell the eggs, put them in another dish and beat with a fork. Dip the chicken breast slices first in the beaten egg, then in the breadcrumbs to coat them evenly.
- Heat up the oil in a low, oven proof casserole and cook the breaded chicken slices. Flip once or twice to ensure they are golden on both sides
- Remove the chicken and sautée a clove of garlic sliced in half in the same casserole. Remove the garlic and add tomato purée, oregano and a bit of basil; cover with the lid and cook over medium heat until the sauce has thickened.
- Place the chicken slices on the sauce, top each slice with mozzarella and put in the oven at 180° for 8-10 minutes or anyway until the mozzarella cheese has melted.
- Take the Chicken Parmesan out of the oven and serve immediately sprinkling with additional basil and oregano to taste.