Parmigiano Reggiano Chicken Tray Bake
This delicious chicken tray bake with Parmigiano Reggiano is an easy assembly job – with great-tasting results!
- Preparation Time25 mins
- Cooking Time40 mins
2 Red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
1 Yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
1 Red onion, sliced into thin wedges
200g Cauliflower florets
4 tbsp. Olive oil
4 Chicken breasts
4 tsp. Sun-dried tomato paste or red pesto
8 Basil leaves
1 Large egg
60g Parmigiano Reggiano, finely grated
60g Dried white breadcrumbs (e.g. Panko)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Basil leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/Fan oven 170°C/ Gas Mark 5.
- Put the peppers, onion and cauliflower into a large roasting tin and add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Season and toss to mix.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into each chicken breast.
- Add 1 tsp. of sun-dried tomato paste or red pesto to each pocket with 2 basil leaves, then use cocktail sticks or wooden skewers to close the pockets.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl with 1 tbsp. of water and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the Parmigiano Reggiano and breadcrumbs into a second shallow bowl and mix together.
- Dip the chicken breasts, one by one, into the beaten egg, then coat them in the Parmigiano Reggiano mixture.
- Place them on top of the vegetables and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the chicken is cooked. To test, insert a fine skewer or sharp knife into the thickest part – there should be no trace of pink juices. If there are, cook for a little longer.
- Serve, garnished with basil leaves.
Cook’s tip: If you like, bake some jacket potatoes in the oven to serve with the chicken – just put them in twenty minutes beforehand so that they cook for 1 hour.