Parmigiano Reggiano Corn and carrot velouté with Parmigiano Reggiano crisps with seeds
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time40 mins
120g Corn flour
800ml Vegetable stock
200g Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
1 tbsp. Poppy seeds
2 sprigs of Rosemary
Salt & Pepper
- Peel the carrots and blend them coarsely.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the carrots and a pinch of salt. Sautée them for a few minutes over high heat. Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Gradually pour the corn flour stirring with a whisk.
- Lower the heat to the minimum and cook for 35-40 minutes.
- Prepare the Parmigiano Reggiano crisps (putting aside 30g) by forming small rounds of cheese on a tin covered with baking paper. Sprinkle with some poppy seeds and put in the oven at 200°C for 3-4 minutes; take out of the oven and allow to cool down.
- Flavour the cream with the Parmigiano Reggiano put aside, a pinch of pepper and fresh thyme leaves.
- Serve with the Parmigiano Reggiano crisps and slices of grilled corn and fresh sprouts to taste.