Parmigiano Reggiano Garlic and Parsley Tear and Share Flatbread
Ahh - the aroma! Not to mention the flavour! Enjoy your share of this sensory treat!
- Preparation Time30 mins
- Cooking Time25 mins
500g White bread flour, plus extra for sprinkling
1 tsp. Salt
1 tbsp. Caster sugar
1 rounded tsp. easy-blend yeast
1 tbsp. Olive oil, plus extra for greasing
300ml Warm water
40g Butter, softened
2-3 Garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp. Fresh parsley, chopped
80g Parmigiano Reggiano, finely grated
Parmigiano Reggiano shavings
Extra parley, for sprinkling
Parmigiano Reggiano chunks
- Tip the flour into a large bowl and stir in the salt, sugar and yeast.
- Pour in the olive oil and water and mix with your hand, then bring the dough together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead vigorously for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a large lightly oiled bowl and cover with a clean cloth.
- Stand in a warm place and leave to rise until doubled in size – about 1 hour.
- Turn the dough out onto a surface sprinkled with a little flour and knead it lightly for 1 minute.
- Divide into 2 equal pieces. Roll out into circles measuring approximately 30x30cm. Lift onto 2 large lightly oiled baking sheets. Leave in a warm place for 20-30 minutes to rise.
- Mix together the butter, crushed garlic, chopped parsley and grated Parmigiano Reggiano. Spread over the flatbreads.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Bake the flatbreads for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm, topped with Parmigiano Reggiano shavings and extra parsley, accompanied by Parmigiano Reggiano chunks, thyme sprigs, olives, roasted peppers, etc.
Cook’s tip: Cool and freeze one of the flatbreads to serve another day.