Parmigiano Reggiano Roasted Vegetables and Chorizo Lasagne
Try a new take on a family favourite with this delicious recipe.
- Preparation Time25 mins
- Cooking Time60 mins
1 Red onion, cut into thin wedges
1 Red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
1 Courgette, cut into chunks
400g Butternut squash, cut into 2cm chunks
2 tbsp. Olive oil
100g Chorizo sausage, sliced
12 Cherry tomatoes, halved
500g Jar tomato pasta sauce
6 Dried lasagne sheets (weighing about 100g)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Thyme sprigs or basil leaves, to garnish
Parmigiano Reggiano sauce
25g Plain flour
100g Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan oven 180°C/Gas Mark 6
- Put the onion, pepper, courgette and butternut squash into a large roasting tin and add the olive oil. Season and toss to coat.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then add the chorizo.
- Roast for 10 more minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and pasta sauce to the roasted vegetables. Tip half the mixture into a large rectangular baking dish, measuring about 25 x 20cm.
- Arrange 3 lasagne sheets on top. Repeat the layers.
- Put the milk, butter and flour into a non-stick saucepan. Heat, stirring constantly with a small whisk until the sauce boils and thickens. Remove from the heat and add two-thirds of the Parmigiano Reggiano, stirring until melted. Season.
- Pour evenly over the top of the lasagne and sprinkle the remaining Parmigiano Reggiano on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve, garnished with thyme sprigs or basil leaves.
Cook’s tip: For a vegetarian version, simply omit the chorizo.