PEPPADEW® Brick Pressed Picnic Sandwich
This brick-pressed ciabatta sandwich recipe is easy to make for a picnic or weekend lunch. Layered with flavourful Italian-style antipasto ingredients.
- Preparation Time5 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
50 ml good quality olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 loaf ciabatta
1/2 cup pesto
1/2 cup sundried tomato paste
3 whole roasted red, yellow or orange bell peppers (use jarred or roast your own), sliced into thick strips
150 g feta cheese, crumbled
200 g marinated artichoke hearts
100 g green olives
1 jar PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Whole, (Mild or Hot) drained
100 g sliced Provolone or mozzarella cheese
150 g prosciutto, thinly sliced
150 g salami, thinly sliced
30 g mixed herbs, flat leaf parsley & basil
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE:
- Combine mustard and vinegar. Gradually whisk in olive oil then add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
FOR THE SANDWICH:
- Slice the ciabatta loaf horizontally, and lay open. Spread the pesto on the bottom crust and add the pepper strips. Crumble feta cheese on top of the peppers. Arrange artichoke hearts over the cheese. Scatter over the olives. Arrange the drained PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Whole. Drizzle half of the vinaigrette on top. Arrange
- Provolone slices, then prosciutto and salami over artichoke hearts. Drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette. Sprinkle with herbs. Spread the top loaf with sun-dried tomato paste and place the top crust on the sandwich.
- Wrap the sandwich with plastic wrap and set something heavy (like a brick or cast-iron skillet) on top for approximately 1 hour.
- If not serving straight away, remove weight, wrap in plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until serving.
- Slice to serve.
Recipe courtesy of PEPPADEW®