PEPPADEW® Rustic Pizza
For simple & delicious homemade pizza topping ideas, try our Rustic Pizza with Chicken, Mozzarella & Red Onion Recipe. Quick, easy and a real crowd-pleaser!
- Preparation Time5 mins
- Cooking Time15 mins
Pizza base of choice
Tomato paste to cover pizza base
Handful of sliced, cooked chicken
Handful of mozzarella balls
Handful of sliced red onion
100 g PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild Chopped
- Put 4 tbsp of the olive oil in a small bowl with the rosemary to infuse while you make the bread.
- Combine the flour, salt and the yeast in a large bowl, then make a well and pour in the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil. Gradually pour in the water (you may not need it all) and mix until you have a sticky dough.
- Lightly oil a clean work surface and knead the dough for 5-10 minutes until it is soft and a little less sticky, then transfer to a clean, lightly oiled bowl and cover with a clean tea towel. Leave in a warm place for an hour until it has doubled in size and is soft and pillowy.
- Lightly oil a baking tray then transfer the dough, stretching it out so it fills the tray. Cover with a tea towel and leave for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7.
- Dip your fingers in the remaining oil and lightly press down on the dough to create dimples at regular intervals. Be careful not to press too hard and collapse the dough.
- Fill the gaps with halved Sweet Piquanté Peppers, olives, and the rosemary sprigs, then drizzle over the remaining olive oil and sprinkle the flaky sea salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, then remove from the oven and cover with tin foil. Allow to cool slightly before cutting into squares and serving either warm or cold, with a little more olive oil for dipping.
Focaccia can be eaten as is or cut into a variety of shapes. For making sandwiches just slice in half. Serve as an accompaniment to a bowl of soup or salad.