PEPPADEW® Vegetarian Falafel Wrap
Try our easy homemade falafel ball recipe to create delicious vegetarian wraps loaded with falafels, fresh salad, PEPPADEW Sweet Piquanté Peppers & tahini sauce.
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Cooking Time30 mins
½ white onion
2 cloves garlic
½ cup parsley
½ cup coriander
1 can chickpeas, drained and patted dry
100 g PEPPADEW Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild chopped or Mild Whole, drained
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1 pinch of black Pepper
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
4 Tbsp flour
3 Tbsp breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp Tahini to serve
- Make sure the chickpeas and PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Hot Slices or Mild Whole are well dried by patting them with paper towel.
- Roughly chop the onion, garlic and parsley, and add it to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to chop.
- Add the chickpeas, lemon juice, salt, pepper, baking powder, cumin, coriander, chickpea, flour, and breadcrumbs. Pulse until the mixture comes together when pressed but is still chunky. Do not over-blend.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Form falafel patties and fry until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes per side.
- To assemble the falafel wraps, warm the flatbread, then top with greens, tomato, onion, falafel and PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Mild Chopped or Mild Whole.
- Drizzle generously with tahini sauce and serve with a wedge of lemon.
Recipe courtesy of PEPPADEW®