Almond tart with raspberries
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time15 mins
For the almond tart with raspberries
For the red currant glaze
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
2) Cream the butter well and then just stir in the sugar and ground almonds. (Don't over beat or the oil will come out of the ground almonds as it cooks.) Put a tsp of the mixture into 24 small patty tins, or divide between 5 by 18cm sandwich tins. Bake until golden brown, 10 to 30 mins, depending on the pans used.
3) The tarts or tartlets are too soft to turn out immediately, so cool in the tins for about 5 mins before turning out. Do not allow to set hard before removing to a wire rack or the butter will solidify and they will stick to the tins. If this happens pop the tins back into the oven for a few mins so the butter melts and then they will come out easily.
4) Just before serving, arrange whole raspberries on the base. Glaze with red currant glaze and decorate with rosettes of double cream.
For the red currant glaze:
1) Melt the red currant jam with the water in a small stainless steel saucepan. Stir gently, but do not whisk, or it will become cloudy. Cook it just for 1 to 2 mins longer for the jam to darken. Store any leftover glaze in an airtight jar and reheat gently to melt it before use.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.