Andy Bates?s mum has been making this famous English tart since he was little.
- Preparation Time25 mins
- Cooking Time55 mins
For the shortcrust pastry
1. Make the shortcrust pastry and rest in fridge.
2. Roll the tart and blind bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once cooled, spread with the raspberry jam.
3. In a bowl, cream the sugar and butter until white and fluffy. Add ground almonds, eggs, self raising flour, almond essence, baking powder and lemon rind.
4. Pour into pastry case and bake 180°C for 15 minutes.
5. After 15 minutes scatter over the flaked almonds and return to the oven for a further 12-15 minutes.