Apples in honey with grapes and a treacle top
These dinky pots are crammed with seasonal apples.
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
For the topping
1) Cut the grapes in half and soak in the Cointreau.
2) Peel and cut the apples into chunky dice. Melt 100g of sugar in a frying pan, add the apples and toss to make sure they are covered in a light coloured caramel.
3) Add the grapes and Cointreau then arrange in the verrine.For the topping:
1) Gently heat all of the ingredients until combined, adding the biscuit crumbs at the end. This mix goes hard once cooled so you must be ready to add the topping before making it. Using a pallet knife press the topping onto the apple mixture.
2) Cook in the oven for 15 minutes at 180 degrees C, gas mark four, in a bain-marie. Garnish with a baby apple.Tips:
1) Use a palette knife to press on the treacle topping, it gives a good flat surface to garnish.
2) You can use other varieties of apple, whatever is in season. You could also use cider or Calvados in place of Cointreau for a stronger flavour.