- Preparation Time25 mins
- Cooking Time15 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Wrap the asparagus in Parma ham.
3. Mix together the ricotta, parmesan and mozzarella cheese with the pesto and garlic.
4. Season with cayenne pepper, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Divide the mixture into 12 portions.
6. Make one parcel at a time, lay a sheet of fill pastry onto a clean, flat work surface.
7. Brush with melted butter, fold it in half lengthways brush with butter.
8. Make a line of the cheese mixture the length of asparagus.
9. Place the asparagus onto the cheese mixture and then roll the pastry up, leaving the tip exposed.
10. Brush with butter, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
11. Continue until you have rolled all 12.
12. Place in a baking sheet and bake till golden, about 15 minutes.
13. Serve warm on individual boards/plates with a salad of mixed leaves dressed with a lemon vinaigrette.
Tip: The Parma ham may be substituted with smoked beef or turkey.