- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time23 mins
2) While water boils heat extra-virgin olive oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 to 2 minutes then add the aubergine and chickpeas and stir to coat. Season the chickpeas and aubergine with cumin, coriander, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, cover with lid and allow to cook for about 10 minutes.
3) Stir in lemon zest and continue to cook until aubergine has broken down, about another 5 to 10 minutes.
4) Remove the vegetables from the pan and place into a food processor fitted with blade attachment. Add the vegetable stock and tahini paste and process until a sauce consistency.
5) Add the sauce back to the saucepan and heat over low heat until ready to serve.
6) Add a ladle of starchy cooking liquid to the sauce, drain pasta and toss pasta with chickpea-aubergine sauce 1 minute then top with parsley and pine nuts. Place into a serving dish.