- Preparation Time60 mins
- Cooking Time60 mins
For the filling
For the syrup
2) Place the cinnamon stick and whole allspice into a spice grinder and grind.
3) Place the almonds, walnuts, pistachios, sugar and freshly ground spices into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped, but not pasty or powdery, approximately 15 quick pulses. Set aside.
4) Combine the water and rose water in a small spritz bottle and set aside.
5) Trim the sheets of filo pastry to fit the bottom of a 33 by 22 by 5-cm metal pan. Brush the bottom and sides of the pan with butter; lay down a sheet of phyllo and brush with butter. Repeat this step 9 more times for a total of 10 sheets of filo.
6) Top with 1/3 of the nut mixture and spread thinly. Spritz thoroughly with the rose water. Layer 6 more sheets of phyllo with butter in between each of them, followed by another third of the nuts and spritz with rose water. Repeat with another 6 sheets of phyllo, butter, remaining nuts, and rose water. Top with 8 sheets of phyllo brushing with butter in between each sheet. Brush the top generously with butter. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
7) Remove pan from the oven and cut into 28 squares. Return pan to the oven and continue to bake for another 30 minutes. Remove pan from the oven, place on a cooling rack, and cool for 2 hours before adding the syrup.
8) Make the syrup during the last 30 minutes of cooling. Combine the honey, water, sugar, cinnamon stick and orange peel in a 4.5-litre saucepan and set over high heat. Stir occasionally until the sugar has dissolved. Once boiling, boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and discard the orange peel and cinnamon stick.
9) After the baklava has cooled for 2 hours, re-cut the entire pan following the same lines as before. Pour the hot syrup evenly over the top of the baklava, allowing it to run into the cuts and around the edges of the pan. Allow the pan to sit, uncovered until completely cool. Cover and store at room temperature for at least 8 hours and up to overnight before serving. Store, covered, at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Turkey, Wild Mushroom and Parmesan Risotto
The Ultimate Turkey Gobbler Sandwich with Cranberry Mayo
Christmas Turkey Penne with Lemon, Walnut & Ginger
Coronation Turkey Filled Jackets
Turkey and Creamy Stilton Pies
Turkey, Red Pepper and Basil Frittata
Crunchy Peanut Butter, Turkey and Coconut Curry
Pan-fried Turkey, Brie and Cranberry Sandwich
Turkey and Brussels Bubble and Squeak
Turkey Lasagne with Butternut Squash and Spinach
Smoked Salmon Puffs
Basil, Ricotta, Walnut and Parma Ham Cocktail Quiches
Goat Cheese Truffles
Crispy Smoked Mozzarella with Honey and Figs
Bourbon and Christmas Spice Popcorn
Blinis with Creme Fraiche and Smoked Salmon
Mini Yorkshire Puddings with Parma Ham and Cream Cheese
Candy Cane Cookies
Mince Pies with Orange and Almond Pastry
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
The Hairy Bikers' Chicken & Egg
The Hairy Bikers hunt for the world’s greatest chicken and egg recipes.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Girl Meets Farm
Cookbook author and food blogger, Molly Yeh, makes delicious dishes inspired by her Jewish and Chinese heritage in her farmhouse kitchen in the Midwest.
Casey Webb's quest for the best takes him to Delaware for an ice cream custard that has locals lining up. Plus, he takes on a daunting surf and turf challenge.
Long Island, New York
Casey Webb heads to Long Island for an Italian chicken parmesan-pizza hybrid, a twist on a Jewish meat-and-potato tradition and a 10-scoop ice cream challenge.
Spring Gardens: The Birds and the Bugs
Ali challenges the final bakers to create spring songbird-themed desserts followed by a lush garden cake. Who will win the title and $25,000 prize?
Nine elite bakers are challenged to make their own version of Maryland’s Smith Island cake. And, the bakers must make a dessert inspired by a classic shoofly pie.
Battle of the Bacon
Four chefs take on an all-bacon battle for a shot at $20,000. In the first round, Guy challenges the chefs to make their signature sweet and savoury bacon dish.
The bakers compete to combine destination desserts with classic snacks. Next, they create a two-dessert landscape resembling a forest, amusement park, city or beach.
James ventures to Paris, one of his favourite cities in the world! He cooks duck breast with tangy vegetables, a steak baguette and gin and cucumber savarin.
Nothin' but Noodles
Guy Fieri brings in four noodle-savvy chefs from across the US for two rounds of highflying noodle action. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
The bakers must make a fruity spring dessert in a skillet to enjoy around the campfire. Next, they create a spring-themed cake that looks like a wintry craft.
James arrives in the tiny village of Giverny, known for its food and art. He explores Monet’s kitchen and cooks up an autumnal treat of apple doughnuts.
Guy Fieri invites four superstar chefs to compete in a budget battle. They are put to the test and must make a dollar stretch all competition long.
The Spring Cookie Classic
Ali challenges the bakers to invent their own spring delight featuring cookies and fruit. Next, they must turn classic cookies into spring desserts.
James travels to Normandy, home to his all-time favourite ingredient, butter! He cooks up artichokes with hollandaise whilst visiting a Calvados orchard.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to compete against the clock! First, the chefs must shop for their signature seafood dinner ingredients in teeny-tiny baskets.
Spring Flower Fiesta
Host Ali Khan challenges the bakers to use pressed and dried flowers in their desserts. Next, they make a fantasy cake that features a flower flavour.
Isle Sur La Sorgue
James heads to the riverside town of Isle Sur La Sorge, where his food hero, Keith Floyd, once owned a restaurant. He cooks peaches pain perdu in the sunshine.
Ultimate Grocery List
Guy gives four chefs a list of seven not-so-friendly ingredients that they must use during the competition. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
Adam goes on a meaty mission from Colorado to New York. His carnivorous cravings call for his favourite roast beef sandwich from his hometown in Brooklyn.
Adam continues his carnivorous rampage of hearty meals. He tastes Chicago’s infamous Italian beef sandwich and faces a meaty mission in Talkeetna, Alaska.