Beef and Black Bean Chilli with Cumin Crema
Enjoy a taste of Mexico with Bobby Flay's beef chilli.
- Preparation Time30 mins
- Cooking Time75 mins
For the Toasted cumin crema
For the Avocado relish
2) Add the onions to the pan and cook until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the ancho powder, pasilla powder, and cumin and cook an additional 2 minutes. Add the beer and cook until completely reduced. Return the beef to the pot, add the chicken stock, tomatoes, chipotle puree, and honey, and bring to a boil.
3) Reduce the heat to medium, cover the pan, and simmer for 45 minutes. Add the beans and continue cooking for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the lime juice, and adjust seasonings.
4) Serve with a dollop of the Toasted cumin crema and the Avocado relish.
For the Toasted cumin crema:
1) Place the cumin in a small saute pan over medium heat. Toast until lightly golden brown. Place in a small bowl.
2) Stir in the crema and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place in a squeeze bottle.
For the Avocado relish:
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.