Beef and Mushroom Pie
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Cooking Time65 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
2. Take the beef and cut into small chunks. In a medium saucepan heat the olive oil, add the diced beef and brown then pour over the water, add the stock cubes and bring to the boil.
3. Cover the pan and simmer for about 45 minutes, until the meat is tender.
4. Add the gravy granules to the pan to thicken the sauce.
5. Drain the mushrooms and add to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into a round ovenproof pie dish.
6. Top with the pastry, trim around the edges and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the pastry has browned and risen.
7. Serve with chips and garden pea, cook as per pack instructions.
Recipe courtesy of Aldi