Best dressed watercress with crispy tortillas
- Preparation Time40 mins
- Cooking Time15 mins
For the tortilla strips
2) In a medium bowl, combine the watercress, orange segments, jicama, red onion and salt. Drizzle in 125ml of the dressing. Toss well to combine.
3) Divide the salad equally between 4 salad plates. Top with crispy tortilla strips.
For the tortilla strips:
1) In a heavy frying pan, heat the oil to 180C. Cut the tortillas into 0.5cm wide strips. Line a plate with paper towels.
2) When the oil is hot, carefully drop the tortilla strips into the oil, separating as you put them in. Fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly golden and crispy, stirring gently as they cook.
3) Remove with a strainer or slotted spoon and place on the paper towel-lined plate. Immediately sprinkle with salt. These can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container after being completely cooled.