Big-Batch Turkey Chilli
Pull out your biggest pot and get ready to make a mess of chilli. All the effort and time will pay off, knowing that your freezer is filled with easy dinners that can be thawed and quickly reheated.
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Cooking Time120 mins
1. Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions, garlic, chilli powder, oregano and 4 teaspoons salt, and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 4 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and chipotle chillies and sauce, and cook 1 minute more.
2. Add the turkey, breaking it up into bite-sized chunks with a wooden spoon, and cook until the meat loses its raw color, about 7 minutes. Add the beer, and simmer until reduced by about half, about 35 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, crushing them with your fingers into the skillet, along with their juices and the beans; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thick, 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes.
4. Let the soup cool to room temperature, then divide among four containers and freeze for up to 1 month.
5. To reheat: Let the soup thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bring it to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until heated through. Thin it with a little water if desired, and add salt to taste. Serve with optional garnishes.
Copyright 2016 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
From Food Network Kitchen