Big Triple Cheese Burgers on Buttery Brioche
- Preparation Time25 mins
- Cooking Time25 mins
For the Crispy Pickled Cherry Peppers:
For the 18,000 Island Dressing:
1. Place the short rib and steak tip cubes on a baking sheet in a single layer, leaving a 1/2-inch space around each chunk. Freeze the meat until very firm and starting to harden around the edges, but still pliable, 15 to 25 minutes.
2. Place half of the meat in a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground, ten to fifteen 1-second pulses, stopping and redistributing the meat around the bowl as necessary to ensure it is evenly ground. Transfer the meat to a baking sheet, overturning the bowl and without directly touching the meat. Repeat the grinding process with the remaining meat cubes. Spread the meat over the baking sheet and inspect carefully, discarding any long strands of gristle or large chunks of hard meat or fat. Evenly divide the meat into 12 balls and season aggressively with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat. Working in batches, cook the patties. As soon as you put the balls in the skillet, press each one down once with a strong metal spatula into a 1/2-inch patty or until just larger than your bun (size up your bun-to-meat ratios people!). Do not smoosh them again. Cook until the patties are crusty brown on the bottom, 4 to 5 minutes, then flip once and finish the other side while a piece of cheese melts on top, 4 to 5 minutes more. Stack into 3 patties and set aside to rest. Repeat with the remaining patties.
4. On a nonstick flat-bottomed pan (preferably square), butter and toast the buns until golden brown, keeping an eye on them so they don't burn, about 5 minutes.
5. Build each burger on a bun with 3 patties, Crispy Pickled Cherry Peppers and a schmear of the 18,000 Island Dressing. Serve!
To make the Crispy Pickled Cherry Peppers:
1. Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pot to 175°C. Combine the rice flour and seasoned salt in a shallow dish. Dredge the wet cherry peppers in the flour mixture and fry in the oil until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
To make the 18,000 Island Dressing:
1. Mix the mayonnaise, jalapenos, ketchup, mustard and garlic together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Other recipes with cheese
30 Minute Shepherd's Pie
Devil's Food Cheesecake
Sweet Pumpkin Strudel
Slow Cooker Macaroni Cheese
Creamy Stove-top Mac and Cheese
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Garlic Butter, Fresh Lime and Cotija Cheese
Carrot, Date and Feta Salad
Greek Orzo and Grilled Shrimp Salad with Mustard-Dill Vinaigrette
Tomato Feta Pasta Salad
Rocket, Watermelon and Feta Salad
Spinach salad with grilled Mediterranean vegetables
Grilled corn salad with lime, red chilli and cotija
Prawn and Avocado Salad with Frico Chips
Creamy Lemon-Pepper Orzo with Chicken and Fig Salad
Caramelised Pears and Goats' Cheese with Chicory
Crisp Goat's Cheese with Pears and Chicory
Parmigiano Reggiano, Pomegranate and Wild Rocket Salad
Mini Key Lime Pies in a Jar
Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
Haunted Gingerbread Showdown
Nine of America’s best gingerbread artists craft spooky gingerbread creations for a chance to win the ultimate Halloween treat: a top prize of $25,000!
The Hairy Bikers' Comfort Food
For the Hairy Bikers, nothing beats delicious comfort food. Si and Dave share some of their favourite feel-good recipes and reveal the fascinating stories behind iconic dishes.
Michel Roux’s French Country Cooking
Michel Roux Jr showcases the unique cuisine of Southern France. He sources incredible local ingre-dients, samples delicious dishes and shares his favourite recipes that are simple and easy to make.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Duff Goldman challenges talented bakers from across America to a spooky baking competition. These experts go head to head to see who can impress the judges with their edible Halloween creations for a chance to win the $10,000 prize.
The Best Of Man V. Food
From visiting America's greatest pig-out spots to taking on the most legendary eating challenges, Adam Richman has sampled some incredible dishes. Relive some of his favourite mouth-watering moments.
Kids Baking Championship
A group of talented junior bakers compete in a series of very creative challenges to win the title of Kids Baking Champion and the $25,000 grand prize.
Man V. Food: Hall Of Fame
Food enthusiast Casey Webb travels across the U.S. in search of the country’s ultimate eating challenges. From his most memorable BBQ dishes to his favourite desserts, Casey counts down some of his greatest feasts.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Tom Kerridge's Proper Pub Food
Michelin-starred chef Tom Kerridge samples the best pub food the UK has to offer and demonstrates how to make hearty dishes inspired by British pub classics, from the comfort of your own home.
Chef Nancy Fuller gathers the best the land has to offer and feeds her friends and family classic, farm fresh meals.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
Mom Finds Her Mojo
Robert Irvine journeys to San Diego to meet a Café owner who has lost her passion for food, is quickly spirally into debt and needs Robert’s immediate help!
A Taste of Northumberland
The Bikers offer a taste of Northumberland. This means a celebration of local seafood, a traditional lamb recipe and a new way of serving Si’s favourite ice cream.
Four teams of cake and sugar artists create spooky and delicious cakes inspired by a possessed doll to impress judges Eddie Jackson, Shinmin Li and Aarti Sequeira.
7 Deadly Jack-o'-Lanterns
Host Alyson Hannigan welcomes seven expert pumpkin carvers to compete for the title of champion and a sweet $25,000 Halloween treat.
Host Alyson Hannigan challenges six expert pumpkin carvers with 3-D sculpting, starting with science experiments gone wrong in the Quick Carve round.
Host Alyson Hannigan challenges five expert pumpkin carvers to build spooky structures. In the Quick Carve round, the carvers feature animals returning from the dead.
Giant Monster Bash
The final four pumpkin carvers create terrifying monsters-in-law and larger-than-life monster party scenes. The winning carver takes home the $25,000 prize.
Bat in Black
The competition is getting tougher as host John Henson challenges the bakers to make creepy cupcakes and a completely batty British classic!
Welcome to Camp Devil's Food Lake
The 10 bakers pay tribute to 1980s classic slasher movies at Camp Devil’s Food Lake. They tackle "cereal killer" pies and mega cakes.
Back from the Dead
The eight bakers work in pairs to make creepy cookies from home, and a blind bake cake. They must bake like their lives depend on it if they want to survive.
Host John Henson challenges the seven remaining bakers to reimagine a classic dessert. Then, the competitors tackle a trending cake design.
Host John Henson challenges the five remaining bakers to make patterned roll cakes and frightening fault line cakes. Who will impress the judges?
Dance Your Life Away
It's prom night at Camp Devil's Food Lake! To mark the occasion, host John Henson puts the six remaining bakers in charge of the party snacks.
Finale: The Killer Is...
The four finalists are challenged to bake using a hated ingredient. Then, the final three bakers battle it out for the grand prize of $25,000.
Robert Irvine travels to Escondido, California to help a novice restaurant owner completely transform her struggling retro diner.
The bakers create cakes fit for monstrous matrimony using iconic Halloween sweets. The final three make monster-sized cakes with frightening transformations.
A Daughter Finds Her Groove
Robert Irvine travels to Indiana to help a struggling retro diner which is soon to inherited by the unwell owner’s under-prepared daughter.
Michel treats his friends and family to an irresistible red rice salad with merguez sausages. Plus, he prepares a bavette steak with grilled vegetables.
Dave and Si prepare dishes which evoke traditional values. They put a twist on a classic pudding, create a perfect teatime treat and combine two breakfast favourites.