Bo peep pie
- Preparation Time35 mins
- Cooking Time120 mins
For the pie
For the roasted vegetables
For the Asagio mashed potatoes
For the roasted garlic
1) In a large saute pan over a medium-high heat, add the sausage and sirloin and season with the chilli flakes, oregano, basil and 1/2 tsp of the pepper. Stir and cook until brown. Remove the meat mixture from the pan to a bowl.
2) Add the onions to the pan, along with a little rapeseed oil, if needed. Cook for 10 minutes, until lightly caramelized. Return the meats to the pan, then add the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
3) Deglaze the pan with the beef stock and add the Worcestershire sauce. Adjust the seasoning with an additional tsp of pepper and the salt. Add in the prepared roasted vegetables.
4) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. In a 33cm by 23cm baking dish, add in the vegetable and meat mixture. Top with the asiago mashed potatoes and spread evenly, leaving a 2.5cm border of meat mixture exposed.
5) Sprinkle with the grated asiago and put in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to sit for 15 minutes before serving.
For the roasted vegetables:
1) Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6. Wash and dry the vegetables and put on a baking tray.
2) Drizzle with the olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and bake for 45 to 55 minutes.
3) Remove the peppers to a plastic bag and when cool enough to handle, remove the skin and seeds. Dice all the vegetables into 2.5cm pieces.
For the Asagio mashed potatoes:
1) In a large casserole dish, add the potatoes, cover with water and add the salt. Bring to a boil over a high heat, then reduce the heat to a strong simmer and cook until the potatoes are fork tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, return to the pot and mash with a potato masher.
2) In a small bowl, add the roasted garlic, 150g of the Asiago cheese, the butter and the pepper. Mix to combine well and then add to the potatoes. Stir in the milk and adjust the salt and pepper, to taste.
For the roasted garlic:
1) Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 4. Cut the tops off the garlic and put them into a 30cm doubled foil square. Sprinkle with 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper and add the rosemary and thyme sprigs.
2) Drizzle with the olive oil, seal tightly and roast until soft, about 45 minutes. When cool enough to handle, squeeze from the root end to release the garlic pulp.
Other recipes with beef
15-Minute Meatloaf Melts
Griddled Steak with Wild Mushrooms
Beef Pops with Pineapple and Parsley Sauce
Sweet and Sour Couscous-Stuffed Peppers
Italian Burger with Caramelised Onions
Shepherd's Pie with Cauliflower Mash
Meatball Scone Sandwiches
Yorkshire Puddings with Fillet of Beef
Corned Beef Hash with Poached Eggs
Corned Beef and Cabbage
Individual Cottage Pies
Lettuce Cups with Tofu and Beef
Argentinean Steak with Parsley Sauce: Carne y Chimichurri
Korean Short Rib Tacos
Real Meatballs and Spaghetti
The Ultimate Lasagne
Individual Meat Loaves
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Gok Wan's Easy Asian
Gok Wan mastered how to cook the food he loves from working in his family’s Chinese restaurant. He shares useful tips and tricks, interesting family stories and his favourite South East Asian recipes that are easy-to-make and full of flavour.
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Christmas Cookie Challenge
Bakers compete to make awesome holiday cookies in hopes of winning $10,000.
Incredibly talented cake artists and designers go above and beyond to design wildly imaginative, mind-blowing cakes for every event and occasion.
Casey Webb's quest for the best takes him to Delaware for an ice cream custard that has locals lining up. Plus, he takes on a daunting surf and turf challenge.
Long Island, New York
Casey Webb heads to Long Island for an Italian chicken parmesan-pizza hybrid, a twist on a Jewish meat-and-potato tradition and a 10-scoop ice cream challenge.
Spring Gardens: The Birds and the Bugs
Ali challenges the final bakers to create spring songbird-themed desserts followed by a lush garden cake. Who will win the title and $25,000 prize?
Nine elite bakers are challenged to make their own version of Maryland’s Smith Island cake. And, the bakers must make a dessert inspired by a classic shoofly pie.
Battle of the Bacon
Four chefs take on an all-bacon battle for a shot at $20,000. In the first round, Guy challenges the chefs to make their signature sweet and savoury bacon dish.
The bakers compete to combine destination desserts with classic snacks. Next, they create a two-dessert landscape resembling a forest, amusement park, city or beach.
James ventures to Paris, one of his favourite cities in the world! He cooks duck breast with tangy vegetables, a steak baguette and gin and cucumber savarin.
Nothin' but Noodles
Guy Fieri brings in four noodle-savvy chefs from across the US for two rounds of highflying noodle action. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
The bakers must make a fruity spring dessert in a skillet to enjoy around the campfire. Next, they create a spring-themed cake that looks like a wintry craft.
James arrives in the tiny village of Giverny, known for its food and art. He explores Monet’s kitchen and cooks up an autumnal treat of apple doughnuts.
Guy Fieri invites four superstar chefs to compete in a budget battle. They are put to the test and must make a dollar stretch all competition long.
The Spring Cookie Classic
Ali challenges the bakers to invent their own spring delight featuring cookies and fruit. Next, they must turn classic cookies into spring desserts.
James travels to Normandy, home to his all-time favourite ingredient, butter! He cooks up artichokes with hollandaise whilst visiting a Calvados orchard.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to compete against the clock! First, the chefs must shop for their signature seafood dinner ingredients in teeny-tiny baskets.
Spring Flower Fiesta
Host Ali Khan challenges the bakers to use pressed and dried flowers in their desserts. Next, they make a fantasy cake that features a flower flavour.
Isle Sur La Sorgue
James heads to the riverside town of Isle Sur La Sorge, where his food hero, Keith Floyd, once owned a restaurant. He cooks peaches pain perdu in the sunshine.
Ultimate Grocery List
Guy gives four chefs a list of seven not-so-friendly ingredients that they must use during the competition. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
Adam goes on a meaty mission from Colorado to New York. His carnivorous cravings call for his favourite roast beef sandwich from his hometown in Brooklyn.
Adam continues his carnivorous rampage of hearty meals. He tastes Chicago’s infamous Italian beef sandwich and faces a meaty mission in Talkeetna, Alaska.