Cajun salmon sandwich with goat cheese and lemon mayonnaise on ciabatta
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
For the sandwich
For the seafood Cajun seasoning
For the goat cheese and lemon mayonnaise
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
2) Season the salmon with seafood Cajun seasoning. In a medium saute pan, saute the salmon in butter on medium-high heat, fat side down, until golden brown. Using a metal spatula turn salmon over and cook until golden brown. Transfer salmon onto a small sheet tray and place in oven for 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and leave to rest.
3) Slice ciabatta roll lengthwise and place under the grill until lightly golden. Spread goat cheese and lemon mayonnaise on roll. Arrange salmon, lettuce, tomatoes and onions on roll.
For the seafood Cajun seasoning:
1) In a medium bowl, combine cayenne pepper, salt, paprika, black pepper, garlic, onion powder, gumbo file and crab boil seasoning, if using.
For the goat cheese and lemon mayonnaise:
1) In a medium bowl, mix the goat cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.