Chicken Tikka Masala
- Preparation Time50 mins
- Cooking Time35 mins
For the ginger-garlic paste
For the marinade
For the sauce
1. Make the ginger-garlic paste, Throw the garlic, ginger and vegetable oil in a mini food processor and let it go until it forms a semi-smooth paste. There will still be tiny little pieces in there, but overall it should resemble a paste.
2. Save what you don't use in a small glass jar. It should last in the fridge for 2-3 weeks. It's a delicious addition to marinades, pasta sauces, stir fry sauces, slow-cooker recipes, gravy, etc. We always had a jar of this stuff in our fridge growing up.
3. For the marinade, in a large bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Marinate at least 30 minutes, or in the refrigerator up to overnight.
4. When you're ready to make the curry, place a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil and butter. When the butter has melted, add the ginger-garlic paste and serrano peppers. Saute until lightly browned around the edges. Add the tomato puree and cook until the tomato has darkened in colour, about 3 minutes. Add the garam masala and the paprika and saute for about 1 minute to draw out their flavours.
5. Add the tomatoes, salt and 230ml water. Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 20 minutes. You may need more water depending on how much liquid the tomatoes give off.
6. Meanwhile, fire up your griddle. When it is nice and hot, lightly brush it with oil. Place the chicken on the griddle, shaking off some of the excess marinade. Cook until it's charred, about 2 minutes on each side (don't worry that the chicken will still be a little uncooked, it finishes cooking in the sauce).
7. Pour the sauce into a blender or food processor, or use an immersion blender, and process until smooth. Pour back into the skillet and bring back up to a boil. Add the chicken and fenugreek leaves, if using. Take the heat down to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes. Add the cream and stir through.
8. Garnish with minced fresh coriander and serve over rice, with naan or a crusty piece of bread.
Salmon and Tuna Tataki
Spicy tuna roll
Anna Olson's Gyoza
Teriyaki chicken thighs
Yuzu Roll Cake by ROKU
Yakitori (chicken on skewers) by ROKU
Tuna Tarter on Cucumber by ROKU
Fried Tofu Cubes with Sticky Chilli Sauce by ROKU
Beetroot & Gin Cured Salmon with Wasabi Cream by ROKU
Haku Espresso Martini
Toki Old Fashioned
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
Haunted Gingerbread Showdown
Nine of America’s best gingerbread artists craft spooky gingerbread creations for a chance to win the ultimate Halloween treat: a top prize of $25,000!
Michel Roux’s French Country Cooking
Michel Roux Jr showcases the unique cuisine of Southern France. He sources incredible local ingre-dients, samples delicious dishes and shares his favourite recipes that are simple and easy to make.
The Hairy Bikers' Comfort Food
For the Hairy Bikers, nothing beats delicious comfort food. Si and Dave share some of their favourite feel-good recipes and reveal the fascinating stories behind iconic dishes.
The Best Of Man V. Food
From visiting America's greatest pig-out spots to taking on the most legendary eating challenges, Adam Richman has sampled some incredible dishes. Relive some of his favourite mouth-watering moments.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Kids Baking Championship
A group of talented junior bakers compete in a series of very creative challenges to win the title of Kids Baking Champion and the $25,000 grand prize.
Man V. Food: Hall Of Fame
Food enthusiast Casey Webb travels across the U.S. in search of the country’s ultimate eating challenges. From his most memorable BBQ dishes to his favourite desserts, Casey counts down some of his greatest feasts.
Tom Kerridge's Proper Pub Food
Michelin-starred chef Tom Kerridge samples the best pub food the UK has to offer and demonstrates how to make hearty dishes inspired by British pub classics, from the comfort of your own home.
Duff Goldman challenges talented bakers from across America to a spooky baking competition. These experts go head to head to see who can impress the judges with their edible Halloween creations for a chance to win the $10,000 prize.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
Chef Nancy Fuller gathers the best the land has to offer and feeds her friends and family classic, farm fresh meals.
A Daughter Finds Her Groove
Robert Irvine travels to Indiana to help a struggling retro diner which is soon to inherited by the unwell owner’s under-prepared daughter.
Michel treats his friends and family to an irresistible red rice salad with merguez sausages. Plus, he prepares a bavette steak with grilled vegetables.
Dave and Si prepare dishes which evoke traditional values. They put a twist on a classic pudding, create a perfect teatime treat and combine two breakfast favourites.
Robert Irvine is on a mission to save a steakhouse in Wisconsin. The owner needs Robert to help her fix 30 years of bad habits and start turning a profit.
It's Cold Outside
The Bikers cook the perfect meals for when it’s cold outside. Warming dishes include oxtail soup, a vegetarian chestnut and mushroom pie, and treacle sponge.
Best of Takeout Ranch Style
Ree Drummond packs up portable food! She makes spicy Chuck burgers with crispy onions for her father-in-law. And, there's a blood orange Rosemary pound cake to mail to her mum.
Dull Diner Dilemma
Robert Irvine journeys to Massachusetts, into the heart of diner country, to help a mother and daughter’s establishment get back on their feet.
Dave and Si cook dishes to feed a multitude with crowd-pleasing dishes. On the menu is salmon pie with spinach and hollandaise and chocolate and cherry buns.
Best of Over To The Oven
Ree Drummond shares her sweet and savoury baking favourites. There's blueberry coffee cake, chocolate chip, bacon and caramel corn cookies, and a freezer-friendly ranch pizza pie.
Saving A Family's Legacy
Robert Irvine comes to the rescue of a Maryland seafood restaurant. The third-generation owners need Robert’s help to salvage their family legacy.
A Cut Above
The Bikers transform everyday ingredients into comforting dishes. Bananas are made into a sophisticated tarte tatin and ricotta cheese is the basis for gnudi.
Best of Family Faves Ree-Booted
Ree Drummond reboots quick and easy family favourites. There's flank steak with herb sauce and three cheese waffle hash browns, and turkey taco lettuce wraps.
Dinner In Napa
For a meal with Jeffrey Ina makes couscous and tuna salad with raspberry bars. They have dinner with Michael Chiarello who makes his great chicken with grapes.
Ina makes a surprise birthday dinner for a friend. She fills her fridge with Italian seafood salad, German chocolate cupcakes and a delicious cheeseboard.
Eat Like A Local
Ina makes tomato crostini and whipped feta for lunch and learns how to make a local recipe of buttermilk fried chicken. Then, she chooses drinks: spritz or gimlet
Ina turns classic lobster recipe into a Deconstructed Lobster Salad. Later, she learns to make the Michelin-starred Auberge du Soleil’s signature Torte Au Chocolat.
Perfect Day In East Hampton
Ina whips up raspberry muffins for breakfast. Later, she cooks with the local chef Joe Isidori before heading back to the barn for soup with Jeffrey.
Local Food Heroes
Ina, inspired by the fabulous food in the Hamptons, creates new recipes for her blog. She makes salmon and guacamole sandwiches and balsamic roasted beet salad.
Ina Garten shares her secrets for effortless entertaining with chili tortilla chips, slow roasted beef, roasted balsamic brussels sprouts and truffled mashed potatoes.