Chicken Pad Thai
1. Slice the chicken into thin strips and marinate in the soy sauce, peanut oil, fish sauce and the chilli for at least an hour.
2. Boil the noodles in salted boiling water, cooking according to the packet instructions, then drain.
3. Heat a wok until very hot and add the chicken with the marinade. Stir-fry for a few minutes to colour, then add the beansprouts, tamarind paste and sugar, and cook for 1 minute. Add the egg to the wok when the chicken is almost cooked and let it set for 30 seconds. Move the ingredients around in the wok so that it breaks the egg up into shreds and then add the noodles to the wok and mix through.
4. Stir through the spring onions, coriander and peanuts.
5. Put into bowls and serve with a sprinkle of peanuts and a wedge of lime.
Recipe courtesy of Kenwood's Around the World in 80 Plates