Chicken Teriyaki Skewers by ROKU
The perfect first course...or irresistible summer party snack!
- Preparation Time30 mins
For the skewers
For the rice
Tasty sesame seed chicken teriyaki skewers make the perfect first course with friends on a summer's evening or a pleasing pass-around the garden party snack. They are simply irresistible when paired with a beautifully balanced ROKU Gin & Tonic with fresh Ginger.
Method for skewers
1. Heat the soy sauce, mirin, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and cornflour in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer gently for 8–10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened and glossy.
2. Cut each chicken thigh into three or four strips. Thread the chicken strips onto the skewers.
3. Toast the sesame seeds in a small frying pan.
4. To cook the skewers, heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add a drizzle of oil and once hot, add the chicken skewers. Brush with the sauce and cook for 3–4 minutes on each side, brushing regularly with the sauce and turning frequently until the chicken is cooked through and coated in the sauce.
Serve hot, sprinkled with the toasted sesame seeds.
Method for rice:
1. Heat oil in a wok add the ginger garlic paste and sauté for a min
2. Add the green chillies and chopped spring onion and fry for 2 mins
4. Add the salt, pepper and cooked rice and mix thoroughly
5. Add the butter and mix again.
Garnish with Coriander leaves or spring onion greens and serve.