Chocolate-Chip-Cookie Icebox Cake
- Preparation Time50 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
For the Cookies
For the Cream
For the Cookies:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt into a bowl. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter and both sugars until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
2. Reduce speed to low. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined after each and scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add flour mixture in 3 batches, then beat in vanilla. Fold in chocolate chips.
3. Using a 1 1/4-inch ice-cream scoop (or a tablespoon), scoop dough onto prepared baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart. Bake until edges are golden brown and centers are set, 14 to 16 minutes. Transfer sheets to wire racks to cool 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks to cool completely.
For the Cream:
1. With an electric mixer on medium speed, whisk 3 cups cream and the mascarpone in a chilled bowl until soft peaks form. Add granulated sugar and whiskey (if using). Whisk on medium-high speed until medium-stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. To assemble the cake, dab the bottom of 11 cookies with a very small amount of cream mixture; arrange 9 in a circle on a serving plate, with 2 cookies in the middle. Carefully spread 1 cup cream mixture evenly over cookies, leaving a slight border. Repeat to form 7 more layer (staggering cookies), ending with cookies (you'll have a few cookies left over). Refrigerate, lightly draped with plastic wrap, overnight.
3. To serve, whisk remaining 1 cup cream until soft peaks form, and spread over top of cake. Garnish with chocolate curls.
4. To serve, cut the cake into wedges with a serrated knife.
Adapted from "Martha Stewart's Cakes" by Martha Stewart (c) Clarkson Potter/Publishers 2013. Provided courtesy of Martha Stewart. All rights reserved.