Christmas Pulled Pork
- Cooking Time720 mins
For the rub
For the injection juice
For the green bean casserole
1. Pre-heat the oven to 110°C.
2. Pull the skin and fat layer from the pork with your fingers and a knife. You don’t want any of this as it’ll stop all the flavour in your rub from penetrating your meat.
3. Chuck all your injection juice into a bowl and suck it up through a meat syringe.
4. Push it half an inch in every 2-3 inches around the pork and squirt until you see it balloon.
5. Pat it dry and leave for 30 minutes.
6. Chuck all the ingredients for your rub into a bowl, mix them together and sprinkle over the pork, working it in as you go.
7. Cook in the oven for 12 hours.
8. If you've got any injection juice left, splash it over the pork every hour for the last six hours.
9. Once it’s cooked, allow it to cool and then pull it to bits with two forks.
For the green bean casserole:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160°C.
2. Boil the green beans in water for 5 minutes then drain and run under the cold tap to retain the green colour.
3. Butter a casserole dish and place the green beans in it.
4. In a large jug, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, nutmeg, salt and pepper, mix it thoroughly and pour it over the beans.
5. Place it into the oven for 30 minutes.
6. After 30 minutes. scatter the crispy onions over the top and return it to the oven for a final five minutes.
Copyright, 2014, Christian Stevenson, all rights reserved