Cinnamon-Pecan Pancake Breakfast Casserole
- Preparation Time5 mins
- Cooking Time75 mins
1. Butter an 8-inch-square baking dish; set aside. Put 3 tablespoons of the butter in a microwave-safe small bowl or liquid measure; microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute to melt the butter.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, 3 tablespoons of the sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, 2 of the eggs and the melted butter. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Melt a little of the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the pan. Working in batches, pour the batter by 1/4 cupfuls into the skillet and cook until the bottoms are golden brown and small bubbles appear on the tops, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown on the other sides, about 2 minutes. If the pancakes brown too quickly, reduce the heat to medium-low. Transfer the pancakes to a plate as finished. Repeat until all the batter is used, adding more butter to the skillet as necessary. (You should have at least 12 pancakes.)
4. Whisk together the half-and-half, vanilla, the remaining 5 eggs, the remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, the cinnamon, nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
5. Shingle the pancakes in the prepared baking dish. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the pancakes. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours up to overnight to allow the pancakes to soak in the custard.
6. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Remove the plastic wrap from the casserole and bake until the custard is set and the center feels firm but springy, 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
7. Meanwhile, put the maple syrup and pecans in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook until the syrup has reduced and thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm.
8. Pour the pecan-maple syrup over the casserole. Serve with extra maple syrup on the side.
Choux Pastry Buns with Coffee and Caramelised Almonds
Tom Kerridge's Barbecued Courgette Salad
Indian curry lamb skewers with mint-grilled nectarine chutney with pita
Grilled Chipotle Pork Tacos with Red Slaw
Michel Roux's Warm Goats Cheese Tart with Figs
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
Kids Baking Championship
A group of talented junior bakers compete in a series of very creative challenges to win the title of Kids Baking Champion and the $25,000 grand prize.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Jamie's Great Britain
Jamie Oliver explores the history of British food and how British cuisine has been influenced by centuries of invasion, exploration, and immigration. He samples modern and traditional dishes and cooks up delicious meals inspired by his trip.
Man V. Food: Hall Of Fame
Food enthusiast Casey Webb travels across the U.S. in search of the country’s ultimate eating challenges. From his most memorable BBQ dishes to his favourite desserts, Casey counts down some of his greatest feasts.
Bake Off: The Professionals
Teams of professional pastry chefs across Britain compete in a spectacular bake-off. They create exquisite desserts and showpieces in a bid to impress world-renowned judges and be crowned the winner.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Michel Roux’s French Country Cooking
Michel Roux Jr showcases the unique cuisine of Southern France. He sources incredible local ingre-dients, samples delicious dishes and shares his favourite recipes that are simple and easy to make.
The Best Of Man V. Food
From visiting America's greatest pig-out spots to taking on the most legendary eating challenges, Adam Richman has sampled some incredible dishes. Relive some of his favourite mouth-watering moments.
Tom Kerridge's Proper Pub Food
Michelin-starred chef Tom Kerridge samples the best pub food the UK has to offer and demonstrates how to make hearty dishes inspired by British pub classics, from the comfort of your own home.
Chef Nancy Fuller gathers the best the land has to offer and feeds her friends and family classic, farm fresh meals.
3 Apps And A Cocktail
Ree prepares for cocktail hour with delicious dishes. They include BBQ shrimp cocktail, buffalo chicken meatball skewers and blueberry-basil limeade.
Help Is On The Way
Chef Robert Irvine attempts to save a failing golf course restaurant in Akron, Ohio. Can he turn this business around in just two days?
Ainsley prepares dishes for special occasions, including chorizo-crusted hake. And, food writer Alex Hollywood serves up pineapple and cinnamon tarte tatin.
16-Min Meals: Cowboy Favorites
Ree shares yummy 16-minute recipes for cowboys and cowgirls. She makes steak medallions and potatoes, and gnocchi with chorizo and corn.
Brownies Vs. Blondies
Duff Goldman and Valerie Bertinelli split the 10 remaining young bakers to settle the debate – which are better, brownies or blondies?
Bakin' With Bacon
12 young bakers are competing to impress the judges with their bacon cupcakes. They must use their assigned ingredient in a creative way for a chance to win.
Spots And Stripes Forever
The 11 remaining young bakers are challenged to make mini cheesecakes with colourful animal prints, from tiger to zebra – who will impress the judges?
Duff Goldman and Valerie Bertinelli challenge the kid bakers to create cakes with gravity-defying illusions on them. Whose extraordinary cake will rise to the top?
In the finale, Valerie Bertinelli and Duff Goldman want cakes that have rainbows on the inside and outside. Who will win the $25,000 and title?
Bite-Sized Birthday Party
The kid bakers are tasked with creating bite-sized birthday party desserts for an outdoor party. Who will impress the judges?
A brand-new group of incredible kid bakers introduce themselves and get creative with selfie-inspired eclairs in a variety of assigned flavours.
Valerie Bertinelli and Duff Goldman challenge the kid bakers to make meat, spinach and mushroom or veggie-Pesto lasagne to get to the final round.
The kid bakers are tasked with turning unexpected baked items like waffles, blondies and cupcakes into outrageous and impressive ice cream sandwiches.
You're In The Ballpark
The talented kid bakers are challenged to make over-the-top ballpark popcorn-inspired desserts. Whose creation will knock the competition out of the park?
Sea-List to A-List
The celebrity recruits dive into the world of seafood by solving a recipe riddle to make ceviche. And, the chefs show them how to butcher their own fish.
Cleaning Up In Mississippi
In Mississippi, a husband and wife are on the brink of divorce because of their failing restaurant. They call on chef Robert Irvine for help.
Desserts Doing Good
The final three young bakers create cakes to impress the judges. They must stick to a school club theme for a chance to be crowned winner and take home $25,000.
The sun is shining, and Ree is doing some California-style cooking. She makes wine-roasted chicken with pistachio pesto pasta and vibrant cauliflower tacos.
Friends In Need
Robert arrives at New Orleans to find a restaurant full of history but in need of his help. The livelihood of two families depends on its success.