Cinnamon sugar graham cupcakes
- Preparation Time105 mins
- Cooking Time25 mins
For the cupcakes
For the cinnamon sugar graham cream cheese icing
2) Place the flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl, and set aside.
3) Combine the deigestive crumbs and brown sugar in a small bowl and pour in the melted butter. Stir until combined, and set aside.
4) Beat the butter until creamy. Gradually add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5) Add the egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Beat in the vanilla extract and cinnamon.
6) Mix in 1/3 flour mixture and 1/2 the milk. Repeat, alternating between the flour and milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix just until the flour is incorporated. Do not over beat once the flour mixture is added. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
7) In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they form medium to stiff peaks. Fold them gently into the batter. Fold in the digestive mixture.
8) Scoop the batter into the prepared cases and baked for 22 minutes for mini cupcakes or 27 minutes for regular-size cupcakes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool the cupcakes completely before frosting.
9) For the icing, combine the digestive crumbs and brown sugar in a small bowl and pour in the melted butter. Stir until combined and set aside.
10) Beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Beat in the vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt.
11) Add the icing sugar and continue to beat until light and creamy.
12) Fold in the digestive mixture.
13) Spoon the icing into piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle. Pipe the icing on the cooled cupcakes.
14) Decorate the cupcakes with digestive crumbs, a piece of digestive, and a sprinkling of cinnamon