Cinnamon toast trifle
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time60 mins
For the cinnamon toast bread pudding
For the trifle
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2) Butter a 23 by 33cm baking dish. Arrange the cinnamon toast, in shingled rows, in the prepared baking dish.
3) In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, brown sugar, cream, milk and vanilla together. Pour the egg mixture over the cinnamon toast. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, pressing down on the cinnamon toast occasionally into the egg mixture.
4) Bake for 1 hour until puffed and golden.
For thr trifle:
1) Soak the raisins in rum for 10 minutes to plump them up.
2) Fold together the vanilla pudding, sugar and whipped heavy cream.
3) Cut the cooled cinnamon toast bread pudding into large cubes, about 3cms. Layer half the bread pudding cubes into the bottom of a large trifle dish or serving bowl and sprinkle with raisins.
4) Spoon half the cinnamon pudding over the raisins and bread pudding. Sprinkle half of the rum raisins on top. Repeat the layers with remaining ingredients. Chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.
5) Serve with sweetened whipped cream, if desired.