- Cooking Time75 mins
For the Salad
1. For the chicken, wrap the dried spices in a piece of muslin loosely and attach a land piece of string in order to tie to the handle of the pan.
2. Place the chicken in a large stockpot. Add the, onion, garlic, celery, carrot, cassia leaves, bundle tied with string. Sprinkle with salt. Cover the chicken with water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a low simmer.
3. Simmer for 1 hour 15 minutes, and then cool the chicken in the stock. Strain the stock and keep for soup or sauces. Remove the skin and bones from the chickens and pull or cut the meat the meat into bite-size pieces.
4. For the coronation chicken salad, fry the onion in butter until soft, add the curry powder, garam masala and cinnamon stick and cook for 1 minute. Add the apricots, tomato purée and stock and bring to the boil.
5. Simmer gently until the sauce becomes thick and most of the liquid has evaporated (approximately ½ hour).
6. Leave to cool, then stir in the lime zest and juice, cream, mayonnaise, and season finely add the chopped coriander and mix well. Stir the chicken into the sauce. Garnish with flaked almonds and pomegranate seeds.