Cottage Cheese Gnocchi and Yellowtail with a Lemon Emulsion
For the Gnocchi
For the Lemon Emulsion
For the Yellowtail
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
2. Drain cottage cheese through a muslin cloth, hang for at least an hour or preferably overnight to remove the excess moisture.
3. Remove cheese from muslin cloth and place into a metal bowl. Season with a touch of salt and pepper and add the lemon juice and zest. Add the egg yolk and mix gently.
4. Add the flour and mix till combined. (Depending on how wet your mix is, you may need to use a touch more flour. But don’t overdo it as you want light, fluffy little pillows of gnocchi!)
5. Once mixed, drop tablespoon sized rounds of the mix into the water and cook. (Be careful not to overcrowd the pot. Rather cook them in two or three batches.)
6. You will know they’re done when they rise to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon, gently place on an oiled tray or plate and set aside for later.
7. For the lemon emulsion, place lemon juice into a pan and season. Heat gently but don’t reduce the liquid.
8. Transfer the juice to a jug and whisk using a hand blender. Slowly drizzle the olive oil into the juice to start emulsifying.
9. When it’s silky smooth and a pale yellow colour it’s ready. Set aside for later.
1. Heat oil in a medium non stick pan. Sauté gnocchi in a warm pan until golden in colour. Add sprigs of fresh thyme for flavour.
2. When golden on all sides, remove and drain on paper towel. To serve, refresh the gnocchi in a pan with a little oil.
3. For the yellowtail, preheat oven to 180 degrees. (Tip: Make sure your fish fillets are as dry as possible and at room temperature when cooking.)
4. Heat a bit of oil in a pan.
5. Season fish fillets on both sides with sea salt. Sear on both sides for about 2 mins till a nice colour is achieved, but don’t cook all the way through.
6. Place on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and season with a touch of salt.
7. When ready to serve, heat the yellowtail in the bottom of the oven, together with the remaining lemon halves for about 5 minutes.
8. Wilt the spinach in a pot with a little butter. Remove and drain.
1. Place 4 or 5 sautéed gnocchi onto plate. Add a spoonful of spinach alongside the gnocchi.
2. Gently place the fish on top. Garnish with baby rocket cress, dress with lemon emulsion and serve.
Other recipes with cheese
30 Minute Shepherd's Pie
Smoked Gouda and Leek Tart
Shaved Summer Vegetable Salad
Twice Baked Potatoes
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Garlic Butter, Fresh Lime and Cotija Cheese
Tomato Feta Pasta Salad
Carrot, Date and Feta Salad
Big Triple Cheese Burgers on Buttery Brioche
Lemon Tiramisu Trifle
Roasted Turkey and Basil Pinwheel Sandwiches
Sweet Potato and Goat’s Cheese Samosas
Mini Mushroom, Kalonji and Feta Pies
Spinach and Feta Quiche
Strawberries and Cheese on Toast
Smoked Salmon Puffs
Goat Cheese Truffles
Mini Yorkshire Puddings with Parma Ham and Cream Cheese
Candy Cane Cookies
Parmigiano Reggiano Canapés with Hot Smoked Salmon
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Christmas Cookie Challenge
Bakers compete to make awesome holiday cookies in hopes of winning $10,000.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Casey Webb's quest for the best takes him to Delaware for an ice cream custard that has locals lining up. Plus, he takes on a daunting surf and turf challenge.
Long Island, New York
Casey Webb heads to Long Island for an Italian chicken parmesan-pizza hybrid, a twist on a Jewish meat-and-potato tradition and a 10-scoop ice cream challenge.
Spring Gardens: The Birds and the Bugs
Ali challenges the final bakers to create spring songbird-themed desserts followed by a lush garden cake. Who will win the title and $25,000 prize?
Nine elite bakers are challenged to make their own version of Maryland’s Smith Island cake. And, the bakers must make a dessert inspired by a classic shoofly pie.
Battle of the Bacon
Four chefs take on an all-bacon battle for a shot at $20,000. In the first round, Guy challenges the chefs to make their signature sweet and savoury bacon dish.
The bakers compete to combine destination desserts with classic snacks. Next, they create a two-dessert landscape resembling a forest, amusement park, city or beach.
James ventures to Paris, one of his favourite cities in the world! He cooks duck breast with tangy vegetables, a steak baguette and gin and cucumber savarin.
Nothin' but Noodles
Guy Fieri brings in four noodle-savvy chefs from across the US for two rounds of highflying noodle action. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
The bakers must make a fruity spring dessert in a skillet to enjoy around the campfire. Next, they create a spring-themed cake that looks like a wintry craft.
James arrives in the tiny village of Giverny, known for its food and art. He explores Monet’s kitchen and cooks up an autumnal treat of apple doughnuts.
Guy Fieri invites four superstar chefs to compete in a budget battle. They are put to the test and must make a dollar stretch all competition long.
The Spring Cookie Classic
Ali challenges the bakers to invent their own spring delight featuring cookies and fruit. Next, they must turn classic cookies into spring desserts.
James travels to Normandy, home to his all-time favourite ingredient, butter! He cooks up artichokes with hollandaise whilst visiting a Calvados orchard.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to compete against the clock! First, the chefs must shop for their signature seafood dinner ingredients in teeny-tiny baskets.
Spring Flower Fiesta
Host Ali Khan challenges the bakers to use pressed and dried flowers in their desserts. Next, they make a fantasy cake that features a flower flavour.
Isle Sur La Sorgue
James heads to the riverside town of Isle Sur La Sorge, where his food hero, Keith Floyd, once owned a restaurant. He cooks peaches pain perdu in the sunshine.
Ultimate Grocery List
Guy gives four chefs a list of seven not-so-friendly ingredients that they must use during the competition. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
Adam goes on a meaty mission from Colorado to New York. His carnivorous cravings call for his favourite roast beef sandwich from his hometown in Brooklyn.
Adam continues his carnivorous rampage of hearty meals. He tastes Chicago’s infamous Italian beef sandwich and faces a meaty mission in Talkeetna, Alaska.