Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pancakes
- Preparation Time5 mins
- Cooking Time10 mins
For the Savoury Pancakes
1. To make the pancakes: Sieve the flour into a large bowl and crack in the eggs. Use a whisk to gently stir until and slowly add the Carnation® Evaporated Milk. Whisk until smooth and then add the cold water.
2. Place the pan over a high heat for 1 minute and then add a little oil. Wipe hot pan with some kitchen paper towel to remove the excess oil and then pour in just enough pancake mixture to coat the pan - swirl the pan whilst pouring for a more even spread.
3. When the edges start to lift and the centre starts to bubble the pancake is ready to be flipped. Use a spatula to turn the pancake and then cook the other side for another minute. Turn the pancake out onto a plate and keep covered whilst making the rest of the pancakes. Adjust the hob temperature if necessary.
4. To make the filling: Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and add the sliced mushrooms. Cook on a high heat until they begin to soften, then add the diced chicken breast. Crumble the stock cube over the pan and stir until the mushrooms are cooked and the chicken is hot throughout.
5. Add the Carnation® Evaporated Milk and bring to a gentle boil for 5 minutes. Make sure you keep stirring until the sauce becomes glossy and coats the back of a spoon.
6. Spoon onto a warm savoury pancake and serve with a sprinkle of black pepper and a fresh green salad.
Recipe courtesy of Carnation®