Money Bags Filled with Fried Tofu in Red Curry Sauce
- Cooking Time20 mins
For the money bags
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan.
2. Brown the tofu first until crispy and take out and place in a bowl.
3. In the remaining oil, fry shallots and ginger until slightly crispy.
4. Add the red curry paste.
5. Mix in coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add the wood ear mushrooms and coriander stalks.
7. In the tofu bowl, add the chopped coriander and the crispy fried onion.
8. Stir the sauce into the bowl of tofu, coriander and crispy fried onions.
9. Squeeze over the juice of half a lime and the lime zest.
10. To make the money bags, place the tofu mixture in the middle of the sheet, scrunch up and create a money bag and tie with a chive stalk.
11. Place on a baking try and cook in oven 180°C for 10 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Serve with a fresh herb salad.