Crunchy Fried Bananas
- Preparation Time5 mins
- Cooking Time5 mins
1. In a jug, whisk the egg, coconut milk and water until combined. Sift the flour, cornflour, salt and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl and then add the sugar.
2. Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to form a smooth, runny batter.
3. Mix the remaining cornflour and coconut on a plate and set aside.
4. Dip the banana halves in the batter until coated. Roll in the coconut-and-cornflour mixture until well coated.
5. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the coated bananas on both sides until golden and crunchy.
6. Drain on kitchen paper and serve with ice cream and toasted coconut flakes.
7. If not serving straight away, put on an oven sheet, cover with foil and into oven at 100°C degrees temp to keep.