Dark Chocolate & Caramelised Banana Pie
Recipe Courtesy of Nadia G.
- Preparation Time30 mins
- Cooking Time45 mins
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees C.
2. In a big bowl mix sweetened coconut, almonds, 58g melted cocoa butter, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Mix until crumbly. Grease spring-form pan with 1/4 tablespoon of cocoa butter. Mold the crust mixture into it, pushing up along the sides. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the coconut is lightly browned. Remove from oven and let it cool.
1. Heat double boiler over medium and melt dark chocolate, stirring until creamy. Take off the heat and let cool for 10 minutes. In a big bowl add the silken tofu, soymilk, maple syrup, and cooled melted chocolate and blend with hand-mixer for 10 minutes, until completely smooth.
1. Preheat the oven to 120 degrees C.
2. Coat sliced bananas in raw sugar. Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, in an even layer. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp and caramelized. Let cool.
3. Pour the chocolate filling into the piecrust and chill for 2 hours. Top the pie with a layer of caramelized bananas, starting from the middle and working outwards in a circle. Chill for another 30 minutes.