Deep fried pickles
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time12 mins
For the honey mustard sauce
For the deep fried pickles
1) In a small bowl, mix together all the sauce ingredients until smooth.
2) Transfer to a serving dish and set aside.
For the deep fried pickles:
1) In a heavy bottomed pan or deep-fryer, heat 5cm oil to 180C.
2) Put the seasoned flour in a small bowl; put the beaten eggs in another small bowl and put the seasoned cornmeal into a third small bowl. Dredge the pickles in the flour, then the egg, and then the cornmeal. Carefully lower the pickles, in batches, into the oil and fry for 3 mins. Use a slotted spoon to remove the fried pickles from the oil and transfer to paper towels to drain.
3) Transfer to a serving platter and serve with the honey mustard sauce.