Diver scallop and spiny lobster
- Preparation Time60 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
For the cauliflower puree
For the vegetables and shellfish
For the white soy dashi butter
For the assembly
1) Break the cauliflower into florets, place in a food processor and chop into small pieces.
2) In a medium sized saucepan, combine the cauliflower and milk, bring to a simmer, cook until very soft.
3) Strain the cauliflower through a sieve set over a bowl, reserving the milk.
4) Puree the cauliflower in a blender, using only as much milk as needed to blend well.
5) Pass through a fine sieve, season with salt and sherry vinegar, to taste and allow to cool.
To prepare the vegetables and shellfish:
1) Separate the chard leaves from the stem. Cut the stems into batons and blanch them in boiling salted water until tender. Cut the leaves into a large chiffonade (Roll several leaves together and finely slice).
2) Clean the wood ear mushrooms in a large bowl of water, swishing them vigorously to remove any grit. Dry on paper towels.
3) Freeze the spiny tailed lobster just until the shell is frozen (not the meat).
4) Use scissors to cut across the top of the shell to separate it from the meat. Carefully remove the meat, and remove the digestive tract by pulling it out through the back of through the back of the lobster with tweezers.
5) Remove the scallops from the shell discarding the foot and rinse quickly in cold water. Dry on kitchen paper.
To prepare the white soy dashi butter:
1) Put the soy sauce with dashi into a saucepan, bring to a boil, and reduce until it becomes syrupy. Add the cream and continue to reduce by half.
2) Slowly whisk in the butter pieces until the mixture is well emulsified. Season with lime juice, to taste, keeping the butter at a temperature of 60C.
To assemble the dish:
1) Put the lobster, mushrooms, chard leaves and stems into the warm soy dashi butter and cook them slowly, to warm through.
2) Heat the clarified butter in a heavy frying pan until almost smoking. Add the scallops, reduce the heat, and cook until golden brown. Turn and sear the other side. The total time in the pan should be about 4 minutes. Transfer the scallops to a plate and let rest
3) Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Break the quail eggs into the pan, being careful not to puncture the yolks. Cook "sunny side up", until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny.
4) Remove the lobster and vegetables from the butter. Slice the lobster tail into four medallions.
5) Put four dollops of the cold cauliflower puree in the centre of a plate. Top with the vegetables, a medallion of lobster, and a scallop. Place a sea urchin tongue on top of each scallop and top with the fried quails egg.
Other recipes with scallop
Chilled Grilled Seafood Salad
Parma Ham with Seared Scallops and Gremolata
Lobster and scallop ceviche
Seared scallops with bacon, tarragon and lemon
Venetian seafood salad: insalata di frutti di mare Veneziana
Killer Baja Chili Rellenos Mariscos (Roasted Poblano Chiles Stuffed with Seafood and Rice)
Grilled Insalata Di Mare
Griddled insalata di mare
Killer Baja chilli rellenos mariscos (Roasted poblano chillies stuffed with seafood and rice)
Whole quail with sticky rice with Chinese sausage
Edamame with XO sauce
Scallops & Pickles
Bubba's creamy spicy seafood pasta
Seafood in Parchment Parcels
Scallops With Chestnut Soup
Montauk seafood salad
Paella on the Grill
Other recipes with cauliflower
Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan and Pancetta
Roasted Italian Cauliflower
Sesame Chilli Vermicelli
Steamed vegetables with ginger miso dressing
Slow Cooker Macaroni Cheese
Slow-cooked Curried Chicken with Cauliflower
Oven Roasted Cauliflower with Turmeric and Ginger
Glam Cauliflower Cheese
Roasted Cauliflower Lasagne
Cauliflower and Bacon Gratin
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Cauliflower Risotto with Dark Chocolate Jelly
Monkfish with Confit Quail Legs
Tandoori Chicken and Cauliflower Rice Bowl
Spicy Cauliflower Stir-Fry
Creamy Cauliflower Cheese Soup
Baked Cauliflower Tots
Bovolo rasher bacon mnc
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Man V. Food
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
The Pioneer Woman
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Best Baker In America
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Holiday Baking Championship
The Hairy Bikers' Chicken & Egg
The Hairy Bikers hunt for the world’s greatest chicken and egg recipes.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Girl Meets Farm
Guy and Hunter Fieri turn three GGG judges into competitors in their own kitchens. Each chef receives the ingredients to make a lumberjack breakfast.
Mary is in Dorset to attend her first-ever music festival! She explores the variety of food stalls on offer and later rocks out on stage with singer Rick Astley.
Mary begins her culinary adventure in Rome, where she witnesses some speedy pasta makers in action. Plus, she meets a daring chef who has reinvented the traditional pizza.
Brooklyn, New York
Casey Webb’s quest takes him to Brooklyn for a barbeque and deli feast. Plus, he samples an Italian seafood staple and takes on a spicy shrimp challenge.
Newark, New Jersey
Casey Webb heads to go home state, New Jersey! He samples an iconic Italian hot dog, a Portuguese pork sandwich and takes part in a taco challenge.
Delivery: DDD OGs
Guy and Hunter Fieri send out a big box of groceries to three diner chefs. They must make a classic takeaway dish using an unusual kitchen gadget.
The Northern Plains
The seven bakers put their own spin on South Dakota’s kuchen. Then for the bake-off challenge they make a new dessert with Minnesota’s scotcheroo ingredients.
From Europe To Asia
Guy finds righteous ramen in Millcreek, Utah, artichoke parmesan soup in Grand Junction, Colorado, and stuffed cabbage and schnitzel in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Delivery: One Box Only
Guy and Hunter send only one box of groceries to three winning chefs. They must use the same 15 items in both a hot lunch and Sunday supper.
Delivery: All-Star Holiday
Guy and Hunter recruit three all-star chefs to play holiday games in their home kitchens. The chefs must cook up two different seasonal dishes.
Delivery: All-Star Hanukkah
Guy and his son, Hunter send ingredients and food challenges for a Hanukkah competition at home. They must turn eight leftover items into a meal.
Classic And Comfort
Guy Fieri's comfort-filled joy ride takes him to Draper, Utah, for fried chicken and grits and then heads to Nashville for vegan chorizo.
Tacos, Tots And Chops
Guy Fieri's enjoying a real deal Reuben in Grand Junction, Colorado, next-level tacos in Salt Lake City and Middle Eastern specialties in Nashville.
Delivery: Double Trouble
Guy Fieri and his son, Hunter send three all-star chefs two boxes of groceries and challenge them to reinvent classic food duos!
Inspired by a visit to the Caledonian Forest in Scotland, Mary makes some hearty meals. She shares her recipes for a warming hotpot and a tasty puff pastry tart.
Mary begins her culinary exploration of Yorkshire by sampling some classic dishes in the ancient seaport of Whitby. Later, she visits a world-renowned smokehouse.
Guy Fieri's digging into a world of flavour with unexpected dumplings in Oregon, real deal mofongo in Utah and coal-fired pizza in Nashville.
Sandwiches And Spice
Guy is in Salt Lake City to visit a Venezuelan spot that’s making amazing arepas. And, a Nashville joint is putting their own twist on Jamaican specialties.
Delivery: Home Sweet Home
Guy and Hunter Fieri deliver sweet treats and unsavoury surprises to their favourite dessert-loving chefs. Who will win a chance to spin the money wheel?