Earl Grey Crème Brûlée
- Cooking Time20 mins
For the Crème Brulee
For the Shortbread
1. Preheat the oven to 140°C. Bring the cream and tea bags up to heat and as soon as it starts to simmer, take it off the heat and leave it to infuse for 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar, then pour on the infused cream, continuing to whisk.
3. Sieve the mixture into a jug, then pour it into ramekins. Place the ramekins in an oven proof dish and pour in some hot water to approximately half way up the sides of the ramekins.
4. Place it into the oven and cook for 20 minutes, until just set with a slight wobble. Remove then and place them into a fridge to cool.
5. For the shortbread, preheat the oven to 160°C. Cream together the sugar and butter. Mix in the orange zest and then the flour and bring to a dough using your hands.
6. Roll out to ½ centimetre thickness and cut out biscuits. Place on an oven tray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Place them on a cooling rack to cool.
8. When ready to serve, sprinkle to tops of the crème brulee with vanilla sugar and either stick it under a hot grill until golden and caramelised or use a blow torch.