Earl Grey Milk Tart
- Cooking Time50 mins
For the pastry:
For the custard filling:
For the pastry:
1. Mix the flour and icing sugar together in a bowl. Add the diced butter and rub it in with your fingertips until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
2. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and add the egg. Mix with a spoon and draw the egg into the flour to bring the pastry together. If it’s a little too dry add the water.
3. When the dough begins to stick together, gently knead into a ball. Wrap in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and roll it out into a circle that's about 3mm thick.
5. Line a 20cm loose-based tin with the pastry, leaving the excess pastry hanging over the edge. Prick the base all over with a fork, then chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
6. Preheat your oven to 200°C.
7. Line the chilled pastry case with baking parchment and baking beans, then bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the edge ofthe pastry is light golden-brown.
8. Remove the baking beans and paper, and bake for a further 5-8 minutes, or until the pastry case is crisp and golden-brown all over.
9. Once cooled, carefully trim the edge to remove any overhanging pastry and to neaten the edge. Turn the oven down to 150°C.
For the filling:
1. Pour the milk and cream in a pan, add the tea bags and bring to the boil.
2. Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar. Remove the tea bags from the hot cream mixture then pour onto the egg mixture and mix well.
3. Place the trimmed pastry case on a baking tray. Pour the custard into the tart case then sprinkle the nutmeg over the surface.
4. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the custard is just set.
5. Leave to cool at room temperature. Remove from the tin, dust with plenty of icing sugar and slice into wedges.
Other recipes with egg
Big Herby Yorkshire Pudding
Tenderstem Bubble and Squeak with Caramelised Onions, Crisp Bacon and Eggs
Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese and Asparagus Tart
Thai Red Curry Scotch Eggs
Spanish Baked Eggs
Chocolate Chunk Blondies
Chocolate and Raspberry Tart
Chocolate Salted Caramel Marble Cake
Iced Easter Biscuits
Lyle's® Easter Egg Cake Pops
Giant Easter Egg Cookie
Welsh Wine, Goat's Cheese, Leek and Parma Ham Tart
Roasted Rhubarb and Almond Tartlets
Wholemeal Pancakes with Parma Ham, Ricotta, Rocket and Pesto
Chocolate Guinness Cake
Gingerbread Guinness Cupcakes
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
The Hairy Bikers' Chicken & Egg
The Hairy Bikers hunt for the world’s greatest chicken and egg recipes.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Girl Meets Farm
Cookbook author and food blogger, Molly Yeh, makes delicious dishes inspired by her Jewish and Chinese heritage in her farmhouse kitchen in the Midwest.
Brooklyn, New York
Casey Webb’s quest takes him to Brooklyn for a barbeque and deli feast. Plus, he samples an Italian seafood staple and takes on a spicy shrimp challenge.
Newark, New Jersey
Casey Webb heads to go home state, New Jersey! He samples an iconic Italian hot dog, a Portuguese pork sandwich and takes part in a taco challenge.
Delivery: DDD OGs
Guy and Hunter Fieri send out a big box of groceries to three diner chefs. They must make a classic takeaway dish using an unusual kitchen gadget.
The Northern Plains
The seven bakers put their own spin on South Dakota’s kuchen. Then for the bake-off challenge they make a new dessert with Minnesota’s scotcheroo ingredients.
From Europe To Asia
Guy finds righteous ramen in Millcreek, Utah, artichoke parmesan soup in Grand Junction, Colorado, and stuffed cabbage and schnitzel in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Delivery: One Box Only
Guy and Hunter send only one box of groceries to three winning chefs. They must use the same 15 items in both a hot lunch and Sunday supper.
Delivery: All-Star Holiday
Guy and Hunter recruit three all-star chefs to play holiday games in their home kitchens. The chefs must cook up two different seasonal dishes.
Delivery: All-Star Hanukkah
Guy and his son, Hunter send ingredients and food challenges for a Hanukkah competition at home. They must turn eight leftover items into a meal.
Classic And Comfort
Guy Fieri's comfort-filled joy ride takes him to Draper, Utah, for fried chicken and grits and then heads to Nashville for vegan chorizo.
Tacos, Tots And Chops
Guy Fieri's enjoying a real deal Reuben in Grand Junction, Colorado, next-level tacos in Salt Lake City and Middle Eastern specialties in Nashville.
Delivery: Double Trouble
Guy Fieri and his son, Hunter send three all-star chefs two boxes of groceries and challenge them to reinvent classic food duos!
Inspired by a visit to the Caledonian Forest in Scotland, Mary makes some hearty meals. She shares her recipes for a warming hotpot and a tasty puff pastry tart.
Mary begins her culinary exploration of Yorkshire by sampling some classic dishes in the ancient seaport of Whitby. Later, she visits a world-renowned smokehouse.
Guy Fieri's digging into a world of flavour with unexpected dumplings in Oregon, real deal mofongo in Utah and coal-fired pizza in Nashville.
Sandwiches And Spice
Guy is in Salt Lake City to visit a Venezuelan spot that’s making amazing arepas. And, a Nashville joint is putting their own twist on Jamaican specialties.
Delivery: Home Sweet Home
Guy and Hunter Fieri deliver sweet treats and unsavoury surprises to their favourite dessert-loving chefs. Who will win a chance to spin the money wheel?
Delivery: All-Star Thanksgiving
Guy and Hunter Fieri play some holiday-inspired games and challenge their favourite chefs to cook up the best Thanksgiving dinner!
Yes We Have No Banana Pudding
Alton reinvents a dessert from his childhood, banana pudding. He shares his recipes for baked banana pudding and refrigerated banana pudding.
Alton Brown delves into pumpkin pie, taking the classic back to Plymouth and forward into the future. Plus, he cooks up whole pumpkin pie soup.