Easy Cheesy Beefy Ravioli
- Preparation Time35 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
For the Ravioli
For the Vodka Sauce
1. For the ravioli, in a medium bowl, combine the shredded cooked beef (or fresh chuck), cheese, garlic, onion pulp, oregano, and salt. Using both hands, mix and squeeze the beef and seasonings together.
2. To make the ravioli, lay a few wonton wrappers, flour side up, on a work surface and set a glass of water next to it. Scoop a spoonful of the beef filling (about 2 tablespoons) into the center of each wrapper. Wet your finger and lightly trace the border of each wonton. Fold the wrapper in half, pressing out any air, and seal the edges with your fingers.
3. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling. Cover the ravioli with a towel while you prepare the sauce.
4. To make the sauce, in a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the tomatoes, tomato sauce, onions, and vodka. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until reduced by half, about 15 minutes.
5. Reduce the heat, stir in the heavy cream and cheese, bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes more. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Keep warm while you cook the ravioli.
6. To cook the ravioli, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Working in batches, gently drop the ravioli, one at a time, into the water. Cook until the ravioli float. (If using fresh ground chuck, cook for about 6 minutes until the meat is cooked through, testing one ravioli by cutting in half.)
7. Transfer the hot ravioli to a serving platter and top with warm vodka sauce, or gently place them directly in the sauce, toss to coat, and divide among serving plates.