Fish Cakes with Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Preparation Time30 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
For the chilli sauce
For the fish cakes
For this recipe, you will need a Kenwood food processor.
1. For the chilli sauce: Attach the knife blade to the food processor.
2. Peel the garlic and cut the stalk off the chilli.
3. Place all the ingredients into the food processor and chop.
4. Add all the ingredients (except the cornflour) into a sauce pan and bring to the boil.
5. Lower the temperature and simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce has reduced by half.
6. Dissolve the cornflour in a little water to form a smooth paste.
7. Add the cornflour paste to the pan and stir until it has thickened, then store in the fridge.
8. For the fish cakes: Peel the potatoes, place into a pan of water.
9. Heat the saucepan and bring to the boil then simmer until the potatoes are cooked.
10. Drain the potatoes and return to the saucepan. Cook on a low heat for 2 minutes stirring all the time. This will remove as much moisture as possible.
11. Take off the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
12. Take the cooked salmon and remove the skin and bones.
13. Attach the knife blade to the food processor.
14. Place all the ingredients into the food processor and use the pulse button to mix.
15. Divide the fish cake mixture into 8 and using floured hands shape each into 5 cm diameter thick cakes.
16. Then tidy the shape of the cakes with a palette knife, place on a baking sheet and chill for 10 minutes.
17. Melt the oil and butter together in a large frying pan and fry the fish cakes over a gentle heat for about 3 minutes, turning once during cooking until golden. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake in a medium oven for a further 10-15 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Kenwood