Fried Avocado Taco
- Preparation Time35 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
For the Baja Slaw
For the Agave Crema
1.Heat enough oil to come 3 inches up the sides of a Dutch oven until it reaches 190°C.
2. To make the batter, in a large bowl whisk together flour, beer, 1/2 cup water, paprika, 2 teaspoons salt and some pepper.
3. Season the avocado segments with salt and pepper. Dunk each segment of avocado into the batter. Let any excess batter drip off, and slip into the hot oil. Fry in batches, being careful not to overcrowd the pot, until the outside is golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on a paper-towel-lined sheet tray or a wire rack.
4. For the Baja Slaw, mix the green cabbage, red cabbage, coriander, lime juice, chillis, mangoes and some salt and pepper together in a bowl. Let sit for at least 20 minutes for the flavors to meld.
5. For the Agave Crema, mix the crema, agave and cumin together in a bowl. Season with some salt and pepper. Yield: about 1 cup.
6. Place a layer of the Agave Crema on a warm tortilla, top with a couple of pieces of the fried avocado and a spoonful of the Baja Slaw. Serve with couple of lime wedges and plenty of cold beers.