Fully Loaded Summer Pasta Salad
Whip up a 30-minute meal-in-a-bowl with this refreshing Southwest-style pasta salad starring a creamy and tangy avocado dressing that will become your go-to dressing, dip and even sandwich spread.
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time12 mins
230g uncooked pasta, such as shells, cavatappi or penne
One can black beans, rinsed and drained
160g yellow corn kernels, fresh or frozen, thawed if frozen
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 medium orange bell pepper, diced
35g sliced scallions
Cotija, for garnish
245g plain yogurt
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the pasta salad: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to a large bowl. Add the black beans, corn, tomatoes, bell peppers and scallions and combine. Set aside.
- For the avocado dressing: Combine the yogurt, lime juice, honey, garlic and avocado in a blender until pureed, scraping down the sides as needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the dressing to the large bowl and toss to combine.
- Garnish the pasta salad with the Cotija and serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
The pasta salad can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.