Glazed smoked ham
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time105 mins
2) Meanwhile, stir together the apricot jam, water, thyme leaves, mustard, 3 tablespoons of the vinegar, the treacle, Worcestershire sauce, allspice, and cloves in a saucepan. Whisk over medium heat until the jam has dissolved and sauce is smooth, about 4 minutes.
3) After the ham has been baked for 1 hour, brush with the apricot mixture every 15 minutes for another 45 minutes or until nicely glazed.
4) Transfer the ham to a serving platter, cover loosely with foil and set aside while making the sauce.
5) Discard the onions, remove foil and pour the sauce and meat juices into a frying pan. Add the stock and bring to a boil over high heat.
6) In a small bowl, mix the butter and flour together until you form a paste. Then gradually whisk into the sauce and let it simmer until thickened like gravy. Finish with the remaining tablespoon of vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
7) Thinly slice the ham and serve with the sauce.
Copyright (c) 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved.