Goat rack and leg
- Preparation Time60 mins
- Cooking Time30 mins
2) Roast the chillies on a baking tray in the oven until toasted and aromatic. They should be crispy. Allow to cool then grind them in a spice grinder.
3) Season the outside of the racks and the legs with the ground chilli powder and set aside.
4) Reduce the oven temperature to 150C. Gas Mark 2.
5) Heat the 2 tablespoons olive oil and 30g butter in a frying pan. Brown the onions on both sides, and then deglaze with the some of the liquid from the Barbacoa.
6) Braise in the oven, turning them occasionally to glaze them, until very tender.
7) Cut each potato in half and use a melon baller to make 32 little balls. In a frying pan, brown the potatoes on both sides in 2 tablespoons each olive oil and butter, then deglaze with more of the liquid from the Barbacoa. Braise in the oven until tender, turning over occasionally to glaze well.
8) Season the goat legs with salt. Heat some olive oil in a roasting tin over medium-high heat and sear the leg on all sides until well browned.
9) Wrap in banana leaves. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes (test with a meat thermometer if liked; it should reach an internal temperature of 55 degrees C. Remove from oven and leave in a warm place to rest.
(9) Season the racks of goat with salt. Heat some olive oil in a roasting pan over medium-high heat and sear the racks until well browned. Roast in between banana leaves for about 6 minutes (until it reaches an internal temperature of 125 degrees F for medium rare).
To serve: Divide the onions and potatoes evenly among 8 broad rimmed bowls. In each bowl, arrange a portion of the Barbacoa (see Barbacoa recipe), a slice of the roasted leg, and a rack chop with the bone. Sprinkle the cut side of the meat with sea salt. Garnish with 3 chives on each bowl and season with black pepper.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation
Other recipes with potato
Creamy Potato and Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey and Cinnamon
Mediterranean Sweet Potatoes with Beanz, Spinach and Feta
Baked Turbot, Padstow Crab and Sprouts, Roast Potatoes and Shellfish Gravy
Other recipes with banana
Hangover Berry, Banana, Chocolate-Hazelnut Waffle Sandwich
Surrey's Cafe: Bananas Foster French toast
Chocolate cookie crust banana cream pie
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Spring Baking Championship
A group of America’s top bakers compete in several exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring. The baker who comes out on top will claim the title of Baking Champion and take home an amazing cash prize.
Kids Baking Championship
A group of talented junior bakers compete in a series of very creative challenges to win the title of Kids Baking Champion and the $25,000 grand prize.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Man Fire Food
Roger Mooking travels across the USA to visit home cooks, pitmasters, and chefs who use inventive ways to cook with fire.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Giada At Home
Giada De Larentiis loves hosting intimate meals and big celebrations in her home. She shares her memorable and unique recipes and plenty of useful tips.
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
Girl Meets Farm
Cookbook author and food blogger, Molly Yeh, makes delicious dishes inspired by her Jewish and Chinese heritage in her farmhouse kitchen in the Midwest.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Paul Hollywood City Bakes
Paul Hollywood travels the globe in search of the family bakeries, corner delis and luxury hotels which have created the baking heritage of entire cities.
Duff Takes The Cake
Duff Goldman and his team of decorators, designers and builders make epic, show-stopping cakes for milestone events and parties for their social media followers. Then, the special creations must be made and delivered on time and intact.
Tom Kerridge's American Feast
Tom Kerridge travels across the United States, discovering the heart and soul of American food. The Michelin-starred chef samples the nation’s best dishes and puts his own spin on classic recipes.
Giada In Italy
American raised but Italian-born, Giada De Larentiis returns to her roots in a culinary trip through Italy. She makes dishes inspired by her family and local traditions.
Tom and Henry make Viking flatbreads, a slow-roasted lamb wrap and toffee apple yorkies for an eatery in the heart of the historic city.
Guy Fieri and son Hunter check out viewers’ favourite neighbourhood spots for international cuisine, from Korean to Italian to Middle Eastern.
The five remaining bakers must make mini meringue pies in round one. Then, they have to add a raspberry flavour to the classic French layered meringue cake.
Molly Yeh assembles a delicious picnic! It includes tasty pickle dip fried bologna sandwiches, falafel farfalle and colourful tie-dye cookies.
Molly Yeh recreates her favourite New York City foods. On menu are pastrami sandwiches with onion rings, and hearty chicken kreplach soup.
Brunch Club Strikes Again
It's Molly Yeh's turn to host Brunch Club with her friends. She makes blueberry cream cheese scones with yogurt glaze and bacon hasselback sweet potatoes.