Grilled Salmon with Chive Hollandaise
- Cooking Time45 mins
1. In s small pot, melt butter over a low heat.
2. In a medium pot, add shallots and white wine vinegar and reduce by half over a medium heat.
3. In a jug mix egg yolks and mustard. Pour hot vinegar onto egg yolk mixture.
4. Mix together with electric hand blender whilst slowly pouring melted butter in until smooth, thick and emulsified. Add large spoon of cultured cream and mix through.
5. Finish off with salt, cover with parchment paper and set aside.
6. For the lemon jam, place 3 lemons on tray (cut in half) and roast at 180 degrees in oven for 45min.
7. Portion salmon and season with salt and olive oil.
8. Sear in hot pan (about 1 min each side). Remove from pan onto tray with lemons.
9. Flambé salmon pan with 2 shots of whisky. Pour juices over salmon.
10. Finish off in oven for 4 mins. Squeeze lemon jam onto salmon ready to serve.
1. Place salmon on serving board with lemons. Finish hollandaise off with chopped chives.
2. Top salmon with hollandaise and serve.