Herbed potato and pancetta pizza
- Preparation Time30 mins
- Cooking Time25 mins
For the pizza dough
For the potato and pancetta topping
To make the dough:
1) In a small bowl mix 2 tbsp of the water with the yeast, and set aside until foamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in the remaining water and the olive oil.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together 175g of the flour, sugar, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the yeast mixture. Using a wooden spoon or by hand, stir small amounts of the flour into the liquid, mixing until a rough shaggy dough is formed.
3) Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. (If the dough is very wet, add enough flour to prevent the dough from sticking.) Form the dough into a ball.
4) Brush a medium bowl with oil, then rotate the dough in the bowl to coat it. Set the dough seam-side down in the bowl, and cover tightly with clingfilm. Set it aside at room temperature, until the dough has doubled in size, about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs.
5) Place a rack in the center of the oven. Place a pizza stone on a rack and preheat the oven to 230C/Gas 8.
6) Using your hands, punch down the dough. Using a floured rolling pin, flatten the dough into a disc and carefully stretch or roll it into a 30 to 35cm round about 0.25cm thick. Slide the round of dough onto a pizza peel dusted generously with cornmeal. Cover with a towel and let rest for 20 minutes.
To make the potato and pancetta topping:
1) Combine the oil, rosemary, thyme, crushed pepper, salt, and garlic in a large skillet. Place the skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the potatoes, and cook, stirring, until somewhat soft, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season with pepper, to taste. Strain the potatoes in a sieve over a bowl. Brush the top of the pizza round with some of the strained oil. Using a fork, pull the potato slices apart as best you can, and cover the dough with them in an overlapping pattern, leaving a 1cm border around the edges. Spread the pancetta over the potato mixture and spoon dollops of ricotta over the top. Slide the pizza dough off the peel onto the stone and bake until the cheese is hot and bubbly and the bottom of the crust is crisp, about 15 minutes.
2) Transfer the pizza to a serving platter and drizzle with truffle oil, if using; season with pepper, to taste. Cut the pizza into wedges and serve.
AJ's Christmas Punch
Candy Cane Cooler - Christmas Special
Red Hot Santa Tini
Rosemary Shrager's Egg Nog
Cinnamon and Vanilla Pod Hot Chocolate
Salmon and Tuna Tataki
Spicy tuna roll
Anna Olson's Gyoza
Teriyaki chicken thighs
Yuzu Roll Cake by ROKU
Yakitori (chicken on skewers) by ROKU
Tuna Tarter on Cucumber by ROKU
Fried Tofu Cubes with Sticky Chilli Sauce by ROKU
Beetroot & Gin Cured Salmon with Wasabi Cream by ROKU
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
Haunted Gingerbread Showdown
Nine of America’s best gingerbread artists craft spooky gingerbread creations for a chance to win the ultimate Halloween treat: a top prize of $25,000!
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
The Hairy Bikers' Comfort Food
For the Hairy Bikers, nothing beats delicious comfort food. Si and Dave share some of their favourite feel-good recipes and reveal the fascinating stories behind iconic dishes.
Michel Roux’s French Country Cooking
Michel Roux Jr showcases the unique cuisine of Southern France. He sources incredible local ingre-dients, samples delicious dishes and shares his favourite recipes that are simple and easy to make.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Duff Goldman challenges talented bakers from across America to a spooky baking competition. These experts go head to head to see who can impress the judges with their edible Halloween creations for a chance to win the $10,000 prize.
The Best Of Man V. Food
From visiting America's greatest pig-out spots to taking on the most legendary eating challenges, Adam Richman has sampled some incredible dishes. Relive some of his favourite mouth-watering moments.
Kids Baking Championship
A group of talented junior bakers compete in a series of very creative challenges to win the title of Kids Baking Champion and the $25,000 grand prize.
Man V. Food: Hall Of Fame
Food enthusiast Casey Webb travels across the U.S. in search of the country’s ultimate eating challenges. From his most memorable BBQ dishes to his favourite desserts, Casey counts down some of his greatest feasts.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Chef Nancy Fuller gathers the best the land has to offer and feeds her friends and family classic, farm fresh meals.
Tom Kerridge's Proper Pub Food
Michelin-starred chef Tom Kerridge samples the best pub food the UK has to offer and demonstrates how to make hearty dishes inspired by British pub classics, from the comfort of your own home.
Girl Meets Farm
Cookbook author and food blogger, Molly Yeh, makes delicious dishes inspired by her Jewish and Chinese heritage in her farmhouse kitchen in the Midwest.
Fight At Filomena's
Robert Irvine heads to California to save a struggling Italian kitchen and market. The fiery owner needs Robert’s help to decipher why the restaurant is failing.
Si and Dave prove that homemade can beat shop-bought with their DIY recipes. They make gravlax, jam doughnuts, their own corned beef and an Indian favourite, paneer.
Six teams sculpt cakes based on legendary stories of ghosts and ghouls from around the world. Inspired by Zak Bagans' Dybbuk Box, it’s their hardest test yet.
Robert Irvine visits Arizona to help a failing Steakhouse. The business is causing havoc for the family owners and needs to be turned around quickly!
The Bikers cook feel-good meals with healthy and delicious recipes. They make a lentil and bacon soup, a chic healthy pudding and a low-fat version of burger and fries.
Addams Family Dream Vacation
Four teams craft creepy and kooky cakes inspired by the Addams family's dream vacation with the scariest monsters in the world!
Mom Finds Her Mojo
Robert Irvine journeys to San Diego to meet a Café owner who has lost her passion for food, is quickly spirally into debt and needs Robert’s immediate help!
A Taste of Northumberland
The Bikers offer a taste of Northumberland. This means a celebration of local seafood, a traditional lamb recipe and a new way of serving Si’s favourite ice cream.
Four teams of cake and sugar artists create spooky and delicious cakes inspired by a possessed doll to impress judges Eddie Jackson, Shinmin Li and Aarti Sequeira.
7 Deadly Jack-o'-Lanterns
Host Alyson Hannigan welcomes seven expert pumpkin carvers to compete for the title of champion and a sweet $25,000 Halloween treat.
Host Alyson Hannigan challenges six expert pumpkin carvers with 3-D sculpting, starting with science experiments gone wrong in the Quick Carve round.
Host Alyson Hannigan challenges five expert pumpkin carvers to build spooky structures. In the Quick Carve round, the carvers feature animals returning from the dead.
Giant Monster Bash
The final four pumpkin carvers create terrifying monsters-in-law and larger-than-life monster party scenes. The winning carver takes home the $25,000 prize.
Bat in Black
The competition is getting tougher as host John Henson challenges the bakers to make creepy cupcakes and a completely batty British classic!
Welcome to Camp Devil's Food Lake
The 10 bakers pay tribute to 1980s classic slasher movies at Camp Devil’s Food Lake. They tackle "cereal killer" pies and mega cakes.
Back from the Dead
The eight bakers work in pairs to make creepy cookies from home, and a blind bake cake. They must bake like their lives depend on it if they want to survive.
Host John Henson challenges the seven remaining bakers to reimagine a classic dessert. Then, the competitors tackle a trending cake design.
Host John Henson challenges the five remaining bakers to make patterned roll cakes and frightening fault line cakes. Who will impress the judges?
Dance Your Life Away
It's prom night at Camp Devil's Food Lake! To mark the occasion, host John Henson puts the six remaining bakers in charge of the party snacks.