Herbed potato and pancetta pizza
- Preparation Time30 mins
- Cooking Time25 mins
For the pizza dough
For the potato and pancetta topping
To make the dough:
1) In a small bowl mix 2 tbsp of the water with the yeast, and set aside until foamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in the remaining water and the olive oil.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together 175g of the flour, sugar, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the yeast mixture. Using a wooden spoon or by hand, stir small amounts of the flour into the liquid, mixing until a rough shaggy dough is formed.
3) Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. (If the dough is very wet, add enough flour to prevent the dough from sticking.) Form the dough into a ball.
4) Brush a medium bowl with oil, then rotate the dough in the bowl to coat it. Set the dough seam-side down in the bowl, and cover tightly with clingfilm. Set it aside at room temperature, until the dough has doubled in size, about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs.
5) Place a rack in the center of the oven. Place a pizza stone on a rack and preheat the oven to 230C/Gas 8.
6) Using your hands, punch down the dough. Using a floured rolling pin, flatten the dough into a disc and carefully stretch or roll it into a 30 to 35cm round about 0.25cm thick. Slide the round of dough onto a pizza peel dusted generously with cornmeal. Cover with a towel and let rest for 20 minutes.
To make the potato and pancetta topping:
1) Combine the oil, rosemary, thyme, crushed pepper, salt, and garlic in a large skillet. Place the skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the potatoes, and cook, stirring, until somewhat soft, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season with pepper, to taste. Strain the potatoes in a sieve over a bowl. Brush the top of the pizza round with some of the strained oil. Using a fork, pull the potato slices apart as best you can, and cover the dough with them in an overlapping pattern, leaving a 1cm border around the edges. Spread the pancetta over the potato mixture and spoon dollops of ricotta over the top. Slide the pizza dough off the peel onto the stone and bake until the cheese is hot and bubbly and the bottom of the crust is crisp, about 15 minutes.
2) Transfer the pizza to a serving platter and drizzle with truffle oil, if using; season with pepper, to taste. Cut the pizza into wedges and serve.
Molasses-Glazed Rainbow Carrots
Eight-Flavor Sheet Pan Brownie-Cookie Bars
Rainbow Unicorn Brownies
Rainbows and Butterflies Pasta Salad
Quick Rainbow Cookies
Rainbow Fries with Grainy Mustard Aioli
Quick Coffee-Glazed Donut
Instant Pot Confetti Birthday Cake
Rainbow Bundt Cake
Giant Brownie Snack Cake
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
The Hairy Bikers' Chicken & Egg
The Hairy Bikers hunt for the world’s greatest chicken and egg recipes.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Girl Meets Farm
Cookbook author and food blogger, Molly Yeh, makes delicious dishes inspired by her Jewish and Chinese heritage in her farmhouse kitchen in the Midwest.
Casey Webb's quest for the best takes him to Delaware for an ice cream custard that has locals lining up. Plus, he takes on a daunting surf and turf challenge.
Long Island, New York
Casey Webb heads to Long Island for an Italian chicken parmesan-pizza hybrid, a twist on a Jewish meat-and-potato tradition and a 10-scoop ice cream challenge.
Spring Gardens: The Birds and the Bugs
Ali challenges the final bakers to create spring songbird-themed desserts followed by a lush garden cake. Who will win the title and $25,000 prize?
Nine elite bakers are challenged to make their own version of Maryland’s Smith Island cake. And, the bakers must make a dessert inspired by a classic shoofly pie.
Battle of the Bacon
Four chefs take on an all-bacon battle for a shot at $20,000. In the first round, Guy challenges the chefs to make their signature sweet and savoury bacon dish.
The bakers compete to combine destination desserts with classic snacks. Next, they create a two-dessert landscape resembling a forest, amusement park, city or beach.
James ventures to Paris, one of his favourite cities in the world! He cooks duck breast with tangy vegetables, a steak baguette and gin and cucumber savarin.
Nothin' but Noodles
Guy Fieri brings in four noodle-savvy chefs from across the US for two rounds of highflying noodle action. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
The bakers must make a fruity spring dessert in a skillet to enjoy around the campfire. Next, they create a spring-themed cake that looks like a wintry craft.
James arrives in the tiny village of Giverny, known for its food and art. He explores Monet’s kitchen and cooks up an autumnal treat of apple doughnuts.
Guy Fieri invites four superstar chefs to compete in a budget battle. They are put to the test and must make a dollar stretch all competition long.
The Spring Cookie Classic
Ali challenges the bakers to invent their own spring delight featuring cookies and fruit. Next, they must turn classic cookies into spring desserts.
James travels to Normandy, home to his all-time favourite ingredient, butter! He cooks up artichokes with hollandaise whilst visiting a Calvados orchard.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to compete against the clock! First, the chefs must shop for their signature seafood dinner ingredients in teeny-tiny baskets.
Spring Flower Fiesta
Host Ali Khan challenges the bakers to use pressed and dried flowers in their desserts. Next, they make a fantasy cake that features a flower flavour.
Isle Sur La Sorgue
James heads to the riverside town of Isle Sur La Sorge, where his food hero, Keith Floyd, once owned a restaurant. He cooks peaches pain perdu in the sunshine.
Ultimate Grocery List
Guy gives four chefs a list of seven not-so-friendly ingredients that they must use during the competition. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
Adam goes on a meaty mission from Colorado to New York. His carnivorous cravings call for his favourite roast beef sandwich from his hometown in Brooklyn.
Adam continues his carnivorous rampage of hearty meals. He tastes Chicago’s infamous Italian beef sandwich and faces a meaty mission in Talkeetna, Alaska.