Hopped-up on caffeine rich chocolate cake
A couple of strong espresso shots perk up this simple chocolate cake.
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time25 mins
2) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Grease and flour a 20cm round cake tin.
3) In a large bowl put the butter and sugar. With a hand-held electric mixer on medium speed, beat until pale and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
4) With the mixer on low speed add the coffee, a little at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the yoghurt and then the eggs, one at a time. Continue to mix on low speed until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5) Gently fold in the flour mixture until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin until half full. Use any excess batter for cupcakes.
6) Bake the cake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes or until a cocktail stick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool tin for 15 minutes before turning the cake out onto a rack to cool completely. Serve with your favourite ice cream or a yummy chocolate icing.