Individual Key Lime Pies
- Preparation Time40 mins
- Cooking Time10 mins
For the Lime Curd
For the Crust Layer
For the Topping
1. For the lime curd, combine the lime juice, sugar and butter in a medium saucepan and cook on a low flame until the butter melts. Beat the eggs, add to the saucepan and stir until combined.
2. Bring to a simmer. Stir constantly and cook until the mixture is a thick and creamy consistency, 5 to 7 minutes. Pass through a mesh strainer. Chill for 2 hours in the fridge.
3. For the crust, add the sugar and graham crackers to a food processor. Pour in the melted butter and pulse to combine.
4. For the topping: Whip the cream with the sugar until stiff.
5. To assemble, layer the crumb mixture into the bottom of a serving cup, followed by the lime curd. Top with the whipped cream mixture and garnish with lime zest.