Jui Ji Drunken Chicken Salad
For the chicken
For the chicken dressing
For the salad
1. Wash the chicken and dry it well. On a heatproof plate, place the spring onions, then place the chicken pieces on top.
2. Underneath the chicken skin, place the pieces of ginger. Season the chicken with salt, and pepper. Add the shaoxing rice wine and then some stronger rice wine.
3. Place the heatproof plate in a bamboo steamer and steam the chicken over a pan of water for about 35 minutes on a medium heat, until cooked. Make sure the base of the steamer doesn’t touch that water, add more water in the pan if it runs out.
4. Once cooked, take it off the heat and out of the steamer and allow it to cool and cut it into bite-sized chunks.
5. Make the dressing by adding all the ingredients into a bowl, and then add the chicken. Put it into the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, or preferably overnight.
6. Combine the salad ingredients and put it onto a serving plate, layer the chicken on top and scatter over some spring onions and coriander leaves and serve.